19 | r e m i n i s c e

"IF WE PLAY Cards Against Humanity again, make sure Lena and Martsia aren't sitting next to each other," Dominic jokes as he shuts his locker, continuing the conversation we shared in our acting class

"IF WE PLAY Cards Against Humanity again, make sure Lena and Martsia aren't sitting next to each other," Dominic jokes as he shuts his locker, continuing the conversation we shared in our acting class. "I swear I caught them giggling and helping each other multiple times."

Elliot chuckles and shoves his hands into his pockets. "You're just a sore loser. I think you and Pepper were cheating."

"What?" I gasp and turn to him astounded. "I lost terribly. Apparently, I don't have a good sense of humor."

"Neither do I!" Dominic throws his hands up. "I got two points during the entire thing."

"Hence why you shouldn't cheat."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and walk between them as we head to the cafeteria. "So, are we on for another weekend? Maybe next weekend?"

"Sure." Dominic shrugs. "I had fun."

"I'm down whenever," Elliot agrees. "We can even see if Luc and Amber will join us this time."

I huff out a nervous laugh. "Yeah. Yeah." I'm pretty sure he's avoiding you on purpose. Though Lucas acts like he doesn't have a problem with Elliot to his face, he's always tensing with discomfort whenever he's around.

And he's yet to tell me what happened on Saturday when he didn't show up with Amber. Usually, he's ecstatic to tell me every little detail about her. If she has something as small as the hiccups in class, Lucas would rave on and on about it. Now it feels like he's avoiding the fact that he likes her at all.

Maybe this is what it's like to have a male best friend in a relationship. My heart sinks thinking that this could lead to him wanting to see me less and less because of Amber. Hopefully, she doesn't feel threatened by me.

I make note to tell her that she has nothing to worry about...ignoring the fact that we kind of slept together a couple of weeks ago...and that Lucas loosely implied that he would sleep with me again. I chew on my bottom lip. Maybe she should have something to worry about. Maybe I should keep my distance.

"Shit," Elliot hisses and angles himself to walk behind Dominic and I while staring ahead like there's a bull in our path.

I squint to see what's got him so worried and my stomach drops.

Rebekah and Tiffany are strutting our way.

"Ever since she heard Amber and I broke up, Rebekah won't leave me alone," he hisses. "I keep implying that I'm not interested but she's so persistent."

"You're not the only one she antagonizes," I grumble, but glancing over my shoulder reveals that he's vanished into thin air. "Wha-"

"Well, aren't you two cute?" Tiffany caws and readjusts her textbooks in front of her chest. Maroon lipstick-stained lips stretch into a smile. "Did you decide to get back together? Is Lucas okay with this?"