chapter eleven: when

--- xxx---

Key || Side Notes || Information
-Bold- = Author Notes
-Italics- = Character's Thoughts (only used once in awhile)
|| This Story will be told in first person point of view, occasionally switching povs every now and then. Warnings will be shown to help readers that are sensitive to gore and violence. Mature language used||

--- xback to readers point of viewx---

Anthony looked deep in thought as well. I guess this is what the sense of freedom does to us. I couldn't help, but stare at his handsome features. He looked exactly like Lily and the fact that he was my so called "brother" I didn't feel it. I felt something more to him than a family love, something that I couldn't put a finger on.

Something i felt like with Luke also. Maybe it's love? All my classmates would joke about it saying how it's disgusting and stuff, but I wouldn't mind. They were around 5 years old anyway, what would they know?

I gently tapped Anthony's shoulder. He didn't budge though, which was pretty unlike him. He was just lost in his thoughts and I understood. I looked back up at the sky and stared at the stars.

They were strangely aligned. It wasn't a very calming sight, for some reason I felt uneasy. Maybe the universe was trying to tell me something? Wait, no, that's probably a myth or something.

My neck suddenly shivered, indicating someone was staring at me. I locked eyes with brown hazel ones, Anthony's eyes. I couldn't help, but get lost in them. He couldn't help either. We stared at each other. Anthony looked defeated and sad for some reason, but I didn't dare ask him. After a few minutes of staring, he finally broke the ice.

"Want to head back?" Anthony asked, still the same blank expression on his face.

This wasn't the Anthony I know. A part of me wonders what he was thinking of or what he feels at this very moment. I nod slowly, still processing what happened. No smile, nothing, he just hopped off the car's roof.

Anthony turned to me and carried me down onto the road. I almost lost balance, but gripped on the car for support. Still, no feelings on his face, he wrapped my arm around his shoulder and supported me up to the doors.

He opened up the door and walked me throughout the hallway. The same question repeating in my mind over and over again. Why is he acting like this? He never does this!

When we reached my room, he didn't help me inside the quarantine bubble, he just opened the hatch and closed the door after me. Before he left the room, however, I turned to him. He looked broken.

Anthony noticed me staring in concern and flashed me a smile, a fake one. That's when my world sunk. He left me again.

I took off my quarantine suit and sat on my bed facing the wall. What could he be thinking? Does he hate me? Don't tell me he's mad at me!

Also, that body that was hung from the ceiling, who was he? Why did he look so familiar?

Thoughts kept swarming up my mind quickly. How can i be free? I want to be free and if I'm living my life sitting here and occasionally getting out, is my life really worth living?

"Hey," a voice called out.

I jumped in surprise and turned to see Luke standing there. Not in my quarantine bubble, rather outside the bubble, leaning on the wall next to the doorway. Then, I remembered what happened. I took his key and left while he was sleeping. I'm such a bad person!

"I'm sorry-"

"No," Luke cut me off.

He seemed rather pissed and annoyed, though his facial expressions don't look like it. He still looked like a calm, emotionless boy. Though, his tone threw me off. He wasn't looking at me, he was actually staring at his feet.

"I'm really sorry," I apologized again, pleading for him to forgive me.

He looked at me dead in the eyes. His eyes cold as ever. I never seen him look at me in such a way.

I'll remember this forever.

"I thought you were different, but you were just like my family."

Then,

he was gone.