anthony's end

--- xxx---

Key || Side Notes || Information
-Bold- = Author Notes
-Italics- = Character's Thoughts (only used once in awhile)
|| This Story will be told in first person point of view, occasionally switching povs every now and then. Warnings will be shown to help readers that are sensitive to gore and violence. Mature language used||

--- xxx---

I looked up and saw Anthony standing there.

His eyes were watery and his cheeks were wet. His hands trembling along with his body. He looked genuinely sad and scared.

"Anthony.."

I ran up to hug him, but he pushed me away.

"No, I'm a monster."

I came back up and hugged him.

"No, you aren't. You are my hero."

His face seemed to lighten up a bit.

He seemed to have a change though, as he gripped my wrist and started running down the hallway and out of the hospital.

He threw me into the car that we once sat on and drove off at once. The guys didn't dare chase us, but instead stood there in defeat.

I turned to look at Anthony in the driver's seat. Anthony was smiling. It was an odd sight, regarding the circumstances, but it still made me happy, nonetheless.

I couldn't help, but ask him all the questions I wanted to ask before.

"Is he really your-"

"Yes, he's my dad. In fact, I only worked there with Lily to find my dad. Apparently he's just like my mom said he would be."

His words were in utter disappointment. It faded away in sorrow and grief of his mother. His lips were turned into a frown and his posture slouched.

"Why did you kill Lily anyway?" I asked.

I couldn't help but bring it up, I mean she did take care of him.

"I-"

Anthony stopped the car onto the side. It was the country side of the state, so it was just covered in grain with one road. Nobody else was driving in the road either.

"She planned on killing you from the start. I didn't know how to tell you, so I thought I could save you."

He unbuckled his seatbelt and motioned for me to come along. He opened the door and waiting by the mass of grain.

I quickly do the same and run up to him with a smile.

"I use to live on a farm. It's not far from here," Anthony said, pushing some grain out of his face.

He grabbed my wrist and walked me through the grain. Occasionally, I got lost and held onto his hand tighter. He seemed to like that.

Finally, we arrived onto a country like house.

"This is where I used to live when my mom and dad were happily married. Time flies by, huh?" He chuckled, dragging me to the house.

He stuck the keys into the hole of the front door and turned it, making a little creak noise.

It opened and all it could remind me of was olden day houses when I was young. It wasn't modern, it was just a simple country house.

I stepped inside to be greeted with a smell of baked goods.

"I made some bread too," Anthony laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

He seemed to be nervous of something. I wonder of what, though.

Anthony locked the door behind him.

I turned to look around the house and all the windows were boarded up, the only door that can be opened was the front door.

I don't know why,  but I don't feel safe.

"Can I go look at the cities?" I asked, tapping my foot on the ground.

"No."

I stopped and raised my eyebrow.

"What?"

"You are not going anywhere."

...

It's been weeks, maybe months, maybe years.

Anthony hasn't come home from work yet. I sighed, laying down the dinner plates on the table.

I wish I could be free. I wish he would let me out- no, what am I saying? He saved me and helped my life. I think I love him. I love him with all my heart.

"I'm home, sweetheart!" Anthony yells, closing the door behind him.

I run up and jump onto him, hugging him.

I love him.

But am I really happy?