twenty five

TYE HADN'T EVEN CONSIDERED RETURNING HOME,

she honestly hadn't put a single thought into it. It was only when Dick announced that he was heading in for the night that she realized she should deal with Jason. It was late and he was probably still up, so once she changed in Dick's nearby safehouse, she asked him to drop her off at Jason's. She headed up the elevator and toward the apartment, staring at the key in her hand.

She stuck it in the lock, unlocked the door and stepped inside. "Jason?" She called to the empty apartment.

The bathroom door opened and he looked toward her. His hair was curly and wet and the only item of clothing he had on was the towel wrapped around his waist. She had to try and focus on his face. She was angry. Remember the anger, she told herself.

He looked so worried though. It was hard to pretend she was livid at him. "Tye," he said quietly, "I didn't think you were coming home tonight. I didn't think you were ever coming home, actually." He paused, giving a glance at his choice of clothing. "Let me, uh, put on pants before we continue this conversation, yeah?"

He didn't really give her a choice as he disappeared back into the bathroom, shutting the door.

She sat on a barstool in front of the island, idly scrolling through her phone when he returned. "Hey," she said, turning toward him, "you... Put on pants."

"Like I said I was going to," he told her with a slight smirk, an eyebrow raised above his eyes. Something about them always looked dark, even in the brightest of areas in the world. He always seemed to be brooding about something. "Yeah, I did. I know, the perfect view of my leg hair must have been stunning."

She crossed her arms over her chest loosely, trying to look intimidating. She scrunched up her nose, drew her lips into a tight frown and pulled her eyebrows together. She wasn't hitting the mark of intimidating, but she was definitely something. Jason probably would have said she looked cute instead of the menacing look she wished she could give him. "I'm angry with you," she told him firmly.

He paused, shrugging his shoulders. "Isn't everyone?" He replied to her, messing up his hair and stepping closer to lean on the island, his face dangerously close to hers. "I've been told I have that effect on people."

"You definitely do," she shot back, reaching for his face. She wanted to hit him, argue maybe. Slap his face and then turn away from him, storm out. She didn't though. Instead, she pulled his face close and she kissed him. It wasn't gentle and tender, either, and she was practically pulling on the ends of his hair. He was practically folded at the waist and considering she was shorter than him even when she was standing, it wasn't much of a surprise.

He was the one to initiate the break. He pulled away from her, breathless, and his eyes narrowed slightly. "You haven't had anything to drink, have you?"

Tye's eyebrows raised. "I kiss you and you accuse me of being drunk?" She replied, moving to stand and leaning her own arm against the island. "I can't believe you think I'm drunk. I've had absolutely nothing to drink in weeks."

"Was actually going to offer you a drink," he said, leaning back in. He moved a hand up, settling it on her jaw, and he smirked. His lips were practically brushing across hers when he spoke next, saying, "but I didn't want to get you drunk if you'd already had any. Trust me, no surprises here at your sobriety. I'm a snack."

She leaned her head back. "You totally ruined the mood," she said with a little groan, elbowing his chest. "I can't believe you, Jason. That was totally a mood killer."

"What? Really?" Jason practically whined, pulling away from her. "C'mon, it couldn't have bothered you that much. It was just the snack part, wasn't it? Tye, wait, where are you going?" He asked when he saw her move into the kitchen. "What the hell are you doing?"

She grabbed a bottle of rum off the counter, shooting him a glare. "I'm going to have that drink to get that dumb line out of my head," she told him, "because seriously, I can't get over how awful that was, especially from you. Aren't you supposed to be smooth? That was as chunky as chunky peanut butter, or, hell, oatmeal."

"Fuck off," He groaned, reaching for the rum out of her hand. He poured her a little bit in a glass and then poured herself some, turning toward the fridge. He grabbed a can of coke, splitting it between both of their glasses. "I tried my best back there, can't you be a little lenient?"

"I'm still angry at you," Tye told him, taking a sip of her drink now, "and still really disgusted with the line. I'll forgive the first one if I never have to hear you call yourself a snack ever again. God, that was... Awful."

"Drop it then," Jason shot back, downing his drink and quirking an eyebrow toward her. "Let me try again."

She raised her glass, clinking it against his empty one before she threw hers back too. "To second chances," she told him in a soft voice, reaching up to put her arms on his shoulders. It almost seemed like she was waiting for something now. He reached forward to press his lips toward hers, hands moving to her lower back. It knocked against the radio, turning on the Christmas music.

Neither of them chose to care this time, and when Tye pulled back, it was only to tilt her head toward the bedroom. She raised an eyebrow suggestively and Jason raised her in his arms slightly, laughing. "You're heavy," he mumbled against the skin of her neck, pushing the bedroom door open with his foot.

She slapped the back of his head, but she reached her own foot out to shut the door behind him.

--

that's it folks im not giving u any more of the sinner content im a young precious soul and i refuse to write any below the pants action. but ;) if ur curious ;) that's what's happening ;)

also if ur interested in marvel pls check out my peter parker fanfiction i am desperate for attention and validation