Chapter 15: Invasion

The temporal vortex landed Taylor right on the outskirts of Corinth. She released her tight, sweaty grip from the console while catching her breath. It didn't take long for the onboard computer to ping a handful of lifeforms slowly approaching the craft. She disembarked and laid her eyes on five individuals dressed up in matching, black leather jackets alongside one short woman in a lab coat. Even having never seen the RPM team prior, the signs couldn't have been more evident.

"I'm guessing you guys are the cavalry?" she asked.

"That's us," replied Scott.

Taylor made her way towards the group. "My name is Taylor Earhardt. I'm working with Carter Grayson and Chronic Storm. We got your message, Doctor K."

Scott's face lit up. "Wait, hold on. You're THE Taylor Earhardt? You're a living legend in the Air Force. We still use some of the training regimens you helped develop."

Taylor's eyes widened. "You fly?"

Scott nodded and saluted Taylor. "Airman Scott Truman. Eagle 2."

Taylor nodded. "Lieutenant Taylor Earhardt. Yellow Eagle. At ease, Airmen."

Dillon interjected, "You can swap war stories later. We're on a bit of a tight schedule."

"Wow, nice ride!" cried Ziggy as he slapped the frame of the Time Ship. "Hey, I can totally borrow this thing to impress chicks later, right?"

Doctor K walked up and glared at him.

"What...? Oh come on, I was just kidding."

"Thanks for helping us out, Doctor," said Taylor.

"The pleasure's all mine."

"Doc, where do we go from here?" asked Scott.

Doctor K took out a laptop. Her eyes quickly darted all over the screen, losing herself inside Morphin Grid computations and data she pined over, still. "All systems working optimally, for now. First, we'll need to get Gem and Gemma out of their next mission. Scott, try to explain to Colonel Truman that this takes precedence."

Scott nodded and moved out to find the Ranger twins.

Doctor K turned to Flynn. "Flynn, I'll need your help to contact the others. Tell them that it's finally time."

"Right then!" Flynn moved out.

Doctor K turned back to Taylor. "Third, Dillon, Ziggy, and I will analyze the Time Ship you came here in to make sure it's capable of sustained travel and holding a few additional bodies."

"Additional bodies?" Taylor asked. "How many people are we planning on bringing with us?"

...

While Doctor K's plan started taking shape in the past, back in the future, Carter, Ethan, Alex, and a handful of Time Force officers nearly finished setting up five metallic poles over an orange-soaked rocky area just west of the city. Doctor K sent the designs for these particular 12 meter poles alongside her message as the next step in her larger plan.

Carter finished adjusting the fifth pole; its silver hue shining in the afternoon sunlight. "Whew. That should do it. Let's hope Queen Diane bought us enough time."

Alex looked to the skies. One of the larger fleet ships descended on their position. "We just ran out. We've got enemy forces closing in."

Just then, Alex received an incoming communication. He pressed his finger to his ear to answer it. "...Queen Diane? Is everything alright?"

"No... I'm afraid not," Diane replied. "Alex, is Carter listening?"

Alex took the communication device out of his ear for all to hear.