Chapter 16: Gravity

Blasters fired, ripping through the battlegrounds, striking Rangers and raptors alike. Swords slashed, clanked, and cut down raptor forces. All the while, the much larger Dinox stood in the background. After a few seconds of teeth gritting, he charged in himself with waning patience.

"Heads up!" Scott communicated while using his Street Saber to chop down a pair of snarling raptors. "The big guy is now in play!"

Ziggy swung around his Turbo Axe and managed to knock down a raptor. "Shouldn't the dinosaur-themed Rangers deal with him?" Ziggy was suddenly knocked down by a raptor before Dillon lifted him up and fought it back. "Thanks! I mean, that makes sense, right?"

"Copy that," replied Tommy.

"Leave him to us," added Trent.

The four Dino Thunder Rangers charged through the back-lines and approached Dinox.

Dinox grinned widely. "Your colorful mockery of my clan will not go unpunished!"

"Hey, you take that back," Conner replied. "These suits are stylish."

"Conner, not the time," added Kira.

Dinox unsheathed a pair of white swords from his back that looked like elongated teeth sharpened into blades and ran at the Rangers.

The quartet dodged his initial charge, but Dinox continued to hack and slash at them with reckless abandon, eventually striking Conner's backside.

"Conner!" Trent jumped in front of him and pulled out his own small, white saber. "Drago Sword, laser arrows!" He slashed at the air, producing a trio of bright energy arrows that struck Dinox' midsection.

Kira followed up by taking to the skies and launching a kick that barely moved Dinox. She leaped off of him and pulled out her blue Thundermax Blaster. She launched a string of rounds focusing again on his midsection, but Dinox stood unmoved, still.

"Really? Nothing?" asked Kira.

Tommy grabbed Conner's arm and helped him back to his feet. "Can you still go?"

"Yeah, no problem."

Dinox brushed off his metal-plated midsection with a trio of new dents now affixed to his armor. "You children will need more than your toys to do me in!"

"Dr. O, what now?" asked Trent.

"The Triassic Ranger power!" Conner cried as he looked around to the others. "It might be the only way to take him down."

"Will that work without Ethan?" asked Kira.

"It should," Tommy replied. "It won't be as powerful, but it's worth a shot."

The Rangers gathered around Conner, each lifting their outstretched hands towards him. Their Ranger powers started to manifest in the form of glowing balls of energy that they each transferred to Conner. Within moments, Conner's Red Ranger form became imbued with gold linings as a red and gold spiked shield emerged from in front of him.

The others forcibly demorphed from the energy transfer as Conner charged Dinox with the power of the Triassic Ranger.

Dinox charged back with his blades in hand, slashing down at Conner.

Conner countered, using the Triassic Shield to bounce back the slashes, cutting Dinox' swords in two.

"What!? NO!!!"

From the top of the shield a blade arose. Conner readied himself to end the fight, but then turned his head, looking back towards the raptor warriors swarming the other teams. He hesitated before turning around completely and running towards the Galaxy Rangers. "Hold on!"