2.5 | continued

You were still in disbelief a few hours after you kissed him, Kei Tsukishima. You have been staring at your plain room ceiling while you lay in bed in the midst of recalling what you have done. You were undecided about how you should feel about this. Should you feel happy because you finally expressed your feelings more openly? Should you feel anxious because of its possible impact on your relationship with him? Doubt began to cloud your thoughts and you just wanted to forget it all.

You closed your eyes and placed your arm on top of them. "I really have fallen for that boy," you confirmed.

You slowly fell asleep while your heart was filled with bliss. You slept soundly despite all your pessimistic thoughts because deep inside, your heart feels safe.

Meanwhile, Kei sat on his chair and continued to work on his paperworks on his desk, trying to distract himself. He didn't know what his reaction really should be but he was certain that he felt a different kind of happiness. Having platonic relationships with others wasn't a concern of him ever since but he didn't know that having these kinds of feelings could make him feel this way.

He finished writing and placed his pen down. He stretched his arms and headed towards his bed to rest after a long day.

"Goodnight, Kei."

He recalled your words before you entered your house and he couldn't get his smile off his face. It was indeed a refreshing feeling for him; it was his first kiss afterall. He remembered your grasp on his arm, the pull on his collar and most importantly, the feeling of his lips against yours.

"I still can't tell her.. but I do love her," he muttered. His own words made him flustered and embarassing because he was aware that it wasn't very like him to speak that way.

Kei was also certain of one thing. His heart doesn't usually beat that fast whenever he's next to you anymore. He doesn't get those typical butterflies in his stomach when you talk to him. However, he always felt warm whenever you're around. He feels comfort and it feels like home. It is home.