11 | shortcake pt 4

It was your plan all along. After meeting his parents, you planned to see your aunt who lived in the city. This though, the thing about being rejected, wasn't part of it.

You stared at the view of the train window. The city lights were never new to you, you were always in Tokyo because you were so close to your aunt afterall. However, this time, the lights appeared to be much stranger. You wondered if its because of your feelings as you gaze upon them. M1aybe it's because his mother never gave you a chance. Maybe it's because you never got to say goodbye to him. Maybe because you felt guilty.

You wished to see these with him. In fact, you even thought of going to Tokyo if Tsukki ever gets a chance to train with the schools there. The city had never appeared to be so lonely- until now, at least, knowing that you're carrying a heavy burden in your heart.

You noticed that the sights grew familiar. This was your stop. You grabbed your handbag and headed towards the train exit, ignoring the endless buzzing of the phone in your pocket. It felt awful that you had to reject these calls especially because it's obviously him. But you knew that you'd feel much awful when he tells you he's sorry. You didn't want to hear an apology.

"Y/N? There you are!" you heard the ever comforting tone of your aunt, waiting for you on the benches outside the station.

"Let's go home, alright?" she told you with a gentle pat on your shoulder. You noticed how much you grew, she was shorter than you now but her warm smile remained, it always had.

You walk with her on your way to her house. The noise of the city was strangly comforting, it was nothing like the roads you and Tsukki walked in nor the places you held hands with him in.

"Do you want to say something?" she asked you. This was her way of asking you what happened.

"Remember the boy I told you about? The one I wanted to introduce to my parents?" you surprisingly blurted it all out. You couldn't carry it.

"I'll never see him again," you continued. It was an ambigious statement. You wanted it to be like that.

"That's odd, you told me you were a perfect match," she commented.

You knew you were. You were compatible in every way possible.

"His mother thought otherwise," you responded with a more fragile tone.

"That's even stranger. You don't seem like the type of girl any mother would reject," she looked at you.

"She said that we were too young," you told her.

You waited for her to say something and you stared at her as she unlocked her front door.

"Then wait," she advised.

It was the simplest two-word advice she has ever given you and you were clueless if that lightened the burden lying in your heart or if it worsened it.

"It's you who will determine what happens," she continued while you remove your shoes near the door.

You felt another buzz on your phone. You ignored it.

"Tomorrow, Kei, I'll answer you. Please wait for me," you muttered.