3 | chocolate

The next day, you were still uncertain of how you should act around him. You thought that he might not take it seriously if you act the same but you also figured out that he might think you're overreacting or rushing things.

You opened the classroom door and greeted Yachi as you sat beside her desk. "Well, how are you and Tsukishima? Did you do anything interesting with him over the weekends?" she asked you.

"Aaah, I don't want to talk about him. My mind feels like it's going to explode."

"What happened? Did you two fight again?" she asked with a concern expression on her face.

"No no, nothing like that."

"Then what?"

"I don't want to say it, Yachi. I can't say it," you tell her. There was no way you could tell her that you kissed Tsukishima last night.

"Hmmm, did one of you confess?" Yachi tried to guess.

"No."

"Did one of you try to plan a date and get rejected?"

"No, not that either," you denied.

"A kiss then?" she guessed again. This time, though, she wasn't wrong.

You didn't want to bother answering the question. You didn't want to tell her the embarassing truth nor lie to her. However, this silence was already an answer itself to Yachi.

"W-woah, y-you!"

"Yachi, keep your voice down."

"So you're official?" she whispered.

You shook your head, telling her no.

"Why not? I mean, isn't that supposed to be a clear sign that he likes you too?" she asked.

"Yaaaachi, this is why I didnt want to talk about him," you whined.

"Everything will be okay. Don't worry, I can reassure you that," she comforted you with a soothing and a calmer voice.

"Thank you."

The classes started after a short while and the day passed on as usual. The old school routine never changed. You simply waited for the time to pass and you wanted to go home.

4PM

Y

ou hear the school bell. Feeling relieved, you quickly stashed your stationery into your bag. You zipped it and walked out of the room while you try to untangle your earphones.

"Hey," you hear someone. Seeing that you were the only one in the hall, you were probably the one who was being called. You turn around to face the person.

"Oh, Kei," you blurted out his name the moment you saw him.

"I need to talk to you."

"Don't you have practice?" you asked him.

"It'll just be quick. I'm not planning on wasting your time either," he answered.

"Okay, well, what did you want to talk about?" you asked him as you continued to walk in the hallway.

"About last night."

You recall it all again. The color of his lips, the way he held your cheeks and the way you pulled his collar. You remember every single detail.

"And why I hesitated at first."

"Hesitate?" you repeat.

You suddenly remember him making the first move. He cupped your cheeks and brought his face closer to yours but ended up with a disappointing, "nevermind."

"I feel so stupid whenever I think of that. I just felt scared."

"What do you fear?"

"Confessing to someone close to you and getting rejected is frightening," Kei answered.

"You're so lame, Kei," you commented and laughed.

"Lame?" he responded with a bitter and unimpressed look on his face.

"You told me at the music store that the boy I like isn't that dense not to know yet you hesitated because you didn-"

"Fine, fine, whatever. I get it. I'm not a dumbass."

"Go back to your old cool self, Kei-chan~" you teased as you nudged him. Using this honorific was a sure way to annoy him.

"You want to get roasted that badly, huh?" he told you with a smirk. It was the same expression he has whenever he provokes his opponents in volleyball.

"Don't go crying like a baby when I do the same to you, Kei-chan~"

"Bring it on, chibi."

"How annoying," you commented, running out of good comebacks to the salty man beside you.

"Thank you."

You were both having fun when you start to notice someone staring. You looked at your back but you found no one.

"What is it?" Kei asked.

"It's nothing. I just thought that someone had their eyes glued on us."

"Imaginary friends? You still have those?"

"Stop it, Kei. I'm kinda concerned that someone might be following us or something."

"Wow, even just that scares you."

"Whatever. Forget it, let's just take a seat there, on those benches over there," you pointed.

Kei just followed you and he opens his bag while you take a seat. "By the way, do you like chocolates?" he asked you.

This sparked your curiosity since it was always you who usually asks these kinds of questions.

"What? You made chocolates?" you asked him. This was usually his line whenever you ask and you found it interesting to be the one saying that this time.

"No. I bought some."

"Ha ha, yeah. I like chocolates," you told him.

"Good. Then try these."

He grabbed 2 bars of chocolate from his bag and handed one to you. You felt your cheeks warm up and you also saw his cheeks gradually having a subtle shade of red.

"Oh, Kei," you murmur his name. Your gaze was fixated on his eyes. You saw his pupils slightly dilate and he tilted his head.

"What?"

"Thanks for the chocolate," you tell him while you unwrap it.

"You're welcome. It's nothing compared to what you usually make for me though."

"Don't think of it that way. I really appreciate this."

You take another bite and he also removes the packaging of his chocolate bar. He glanced at you and spoke again.

"I love you."

The moment you heard these words, you felt the urge to finally be vocal abou how you feel about him as well. The pastries have done their job, they did let your feelings reach him. But now, it was your turn to speak about your feelings.

"I love you too, Kei. I love you so."