8 | shortcake

Two days later, you still haven't decided on what to give him or what to do for him. You tapped your desk as you try to come up with a plan. You were just sitting in the classroom while waiting for Yachi to finish her cleaner task.

"Hey, Y/N. Saltyshima is waiting outside," your classmate tells you.

You quickly grab on to your bag and let it hang on your shoulder. You saw a glimpse of his blonde hair and you smiled. Yachi seemed to have noticed this and reassured you, "it's fine. Just go with him."

"Hey," he greets you right after you slide the door open.

"Hey, honey," you say with a cheery look on your face.

It made him cover his face, the same gesture he did when you mentioned how much you love him. You couldn't see it clearly but you were sure that his cheeks were tainted with a light red color.

"How mean," he commented. "Attacking me in public so suddenly."

"Let's go home," you tell him after you giggled over his statement. You began walking and you hear him humming, it was the special song your favorite band performed.

He averted his gaze somewhere again and you noticed much he was avoiding eye contact. "What's wrong?" you ask him while you were on your way to the exit.

"What do you mean?" he asks, as if he really didn't know what you were talking about. You stopped walking and he turned around with a curious expression.

"Look at me, Kei," you ordered him as you quickly place your hands on his soft cheeks. Right after that, you resumed your walk, hoping you didn't make it too awkward.

"I just wanted to ask you something," Kei responded while he tried to catch up to your increased pace. Considering the fact that he played volleyball, it wasn't so hard to keep up with you.

"Yeah? What is it?" you ask him with a slightly softer voice.

"Library. A library date," he blurted it out. He said it as if he was keeping these words all to himself this whole time, which he probably was. "I thought you might want to." It was probably the most awkward side of Kei you have seen ever since you dated.

It was extremely adorable how a boy like him, someone who was confident whenever he stepped in the court, would act so differently while he tried to ask a girl out on a library date.

You laughed a little and looked at him in the eye. He was utterly serious and embarassed. He was confident when he took you to the concert but he got so shy when he had to say words like these. He wasn't used to these, afterall.

"I'd love to. A library date with Tsukishima Kei wouldn't be so bad, wouldn't it, honey?" You tease him again and again. It wouldn't be considered as teasing if someone would call their significant other names of endearment but it was different for you. Everything was different when it comes to Tsukishima Kei. The way you perceived every single detail around you changes and somehow, it even changed the way you viewed how loved worked.

When you got inside the library, you observed how empty it apparently was. The library was usually filled with students and other professionals trying to accomplish their works but you felt like you even had the whole library to yourselves.

You walked around the learning area where all the tables and chairs were. You chose a spot far from the computers and Kei pulled the seat for you, he was unbelievably awkward and you sort of fell for him again. "Everything Kei does makes me love him again and again," you thought to yourself.

You sat down and stretched, getting ready for a study session with Kei. You didn't expect this, this was unplanned and you preferred things to be like that. You stared at Kei as he settled his things and you found his study habits to be interesting. You observed the way he organized his books, notebooks, stationary and even his sticky notes for reminders. He was organized and it was oddly satisfying to watch him.

"Yes?" He asks. "What is it?"

"Nothing, what will you do first?"

"A bunch of math problems our teacher gave us as homework," he answered. "It's annoying how he gives us random work and then he doesn't even record it."

You smiled as you continued to stare at him though all he was doing was to ranting about their teacher. Your eyes were on his and you gradually gazed upon his lips. You remembered how you kissed him and staring only made your yearning for a kiss worse.

"You're not even listening," he complained and sighed.

"I am," you respond. You grabbed your notebooks and started organizing your notes. He shook his head and sighed.

"You know, I sometimes wonder about your past," you spoke in a soft voice, trying not to make too much noise.

"What about it?" he looked for his calculator and started to write on his scratch paper.

"Everything about it. I barely know the Tsukki before highschool."

"You don't really have to know anything about him," he reassured you as if he was creating distinction between himself now and his self before.

"I actually don't know anything about you," you say with a much sadder yet calm tone.

"Then come over soon," he say.

"Come over? To your house?" you confirmed.

"Yeah, I'll introduce you to my parents and my brother. Then I'll show you my albums or something."

You felt incredibly flustered by the thought of meeting his family and being introduced as his girlfriend. Tsukishima Kei's girlfriend. Your cheeks were probably getting red again and you were concerned about your excitement and worry being too obvious.

"I don't know if they'll like me."

"They won't," he say to you with his usual sarcastic tone, the kind of tone he probably uses on a daily basis to get on other people's nerves.

"They'll love you. They'll really do," he continued.