7 | honey pt. 3

The concert came to an end before you even noticed the time. You were enjoying it so much you forgot your old habit of checking the time every now and then. Kei's presence and simply being next to him made time seem so strange. You felt like every minute was just a second. He had this strange ability of making you forget the logic of time every moment you spent together.

Kei was walking you home with a smile on his face still. "Was it fun?" he asked you with a tone that gave you the hint that he knew what the answer was, he just wanted to hear you say it.

"Oh no I didn't. There was this tall man beside me who kept trying to get my attention," you tell him, attempting to sound serious.

"Except that he wasn't exactly trying," you added, with a softer and sweeter voice, this time.

"And," you added once again but ended up pausing. You were unsure of how to say it or if saying it was actually going to do you any good.

"And what?" he asked you as he reached for his pockets. He seemed like he wanted to get something.

"I think I fell for him deeper, just when I thought I couldn't love Tsukishima Kei more than I actually do," you answered him. You looked up to him just to see a reaction and there he was, covering half of his face with his hand and averting his gaze towards somewhere else- the trees, houses and 24 hour stores, just anywhere but you.

"This is your third time saying cheesy lines like that." Kei was obviously flustered and this made you curious.

"How come you're flustered just now? You're too adorable," you teased him, not minding the speculation that your cheeks probably also had a hue of red as well.

"Because it feels different from when we're in a crowd, distracted by the noise, the lights and the band. It feels different from when you're just next to me as we walk in an empty street."

"I love you, Tsukishima Kei. I love that flustered look of you that you make me want to say it again and again," you tease him again.

It didn't take you too long to realize previously that you were the one who did the embarassing things both of you were too hesitant to do. You knew right from the start that you were the one who would always start the 'I love you's and anything that's too cheesy for a salty person like Tsukishima to do.

"Stop that," he scolds you. He still had his eyes somewhere else, indicating that he is still shying away from anything embarassing.

"Stop loving you? Oh, Kei, I could never!" you tell him with a dramatic expression.

"Stop teasing me or I'll seriously kiss you here, in public."

"Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me," you continued to tease him with a confident look on your face. You knew that Kei couldn't, at least not when he's as flustered as he is right now.

Kei didn't say a word and this made you wonder if he was serious about that threat to kiss you. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't or maybe he's deliberating on whether he should kiss you or not.

A few moments after, you were near your place. Your pace slowed when you reached the area where you first kissed Kei. It brought you memories, as if it happened decades ago when in fact it happened not too long ago.

"Hey, Y/N," he calls you and pauses.

"Yeah?" you also stop walking.

"Are you really okay with someone who can't even handle your 'I love you's every now and then?" he asks you, now making eye contact.

"I don't mind it at all. You're my favorite person, Tsukishima Kei. You'll always be."

This doesn't happen so often. Kei rarely speaks about his insecurities and he never brings them up. You knew all he need was reassurance, a sort of guarantee that you'll stay no matter what.

You caressed his cheek. They were still in an adorable shade of red.

Standing right in front of you was another side of the boy you love. It was a side no one else saw but you. The thought of it made you feel special.

Suddenly, your train of thoughts was interrupted by the feeling of two arms wrapped around you warmly. Kei was hugging you and you also placed your hands on his back, returning the hug.

You loved it. You couldn't ask for more.

"I love you, I love you, I love you- I'll say it as many so many times that I'd stop being so flustered. I'll say it every day and every minute."

You broke the hug to face him.

"Come on, Kei. Now I'm the one who's embarassed. You're just too sweet," you say.

"You'd rather have my 'salty' side instead?" he asked you. He was already used to being called like salty that it doesn't even appear to be an insult anymore. Moreover, it became a joke.

"I'd have all of you, Kei. All your sides, the good and the bad, the salty and the sweet." You give him a peck on the lips.

"Goodnight, Kei. Thanks again," you say.