Save my love

A/N:  Sooooo, this is about to be really random but that's okay.  I had a dream last night about Bruce Springsteen and Patti.  In the dream Patti and their daughter, but it wasn't Jess, so for made up purposes Sam in a girl.  Sorry Sam.  So anyway they were both pregnant, yes I know Patti is 65 shut up, and both go into labor on the same day.  In the dream Bruce was documenting the whole thing.  Which honestly would be adorable and funny as hell.  Needless to say I haven't been able to get it out of my head and I wanted to write it down because then it's at least out there.  So Enjoy and uh, yeah. 

December 19th 2018 7:00 a.m. Springsteen household

Bruce couldn't sleep last night and had been up since 5am.  He had laid there for a while watching Patti sleep.  His hand resting on her stomach where he could feel their son kick.  They had found out she was pregnant at the end of April and it had come as an obvious shock.  Even more so since they had found out a few weeks before that their youngest daughter Sam was pregnant.  That seemed like nothing in comparison to Patti being pregnant at 65.  It had been a lot to handle and the show had helped him clear his head.  But now that it was over he could focus on Patti.  She had amazed him through this while pregnancy.  She had continued to perform with him up to the last show the night before.  Though he knew she was grateful when he started alternating nights she would come out with him.  He thought back to when she had been pregnant with Sam and how much of a surprise it had been.  This by far topped that.  He had forced himself out of bed at 6:45 and moved into the kitchen to make some breakfast.  A favorite Sunday tradition he had when the kids were growing up. 

The front door opened drawing his attention to the clock, 7am.  "Hey Sammy" He called. 

"Hey dad, morning.  Smells delicious."  She said walking into the kitchen. 

"Good, you hungry?" He asked as she kissed his cheek. 

"I'm nine months pregnant.  I'm ALWAYS hungry." She replied with a smirk as she got herself a glass of cranberry juice. 

Chuckling he gave a slight nod and got her some eggs, bacon and two pancakes.

"Morning you two" Patti smiled as she walked into the kitchen to join them.  Bruce handed her a plate and she went to join Sam before Bruce joined them. 

"How did the last show go?" Sam asked. 

"It went really well, I played the whole show.  And got to perform with my favorite red head."  He smirked. 

"Sorry I couldn't make it"  Sam added. 

"Oh it's fine, are you at least feeling better?" He asked. 

"Mmm, yeah, I wound up sleeping most of the day and took care of a few things around the house."  Sam replied. 

"Sammy! I told you I would help with doing that sort of stuff." Bruce said quickly, going papa bear on her. 

"It was just doing laundry, besides Even was there most of the day hanging out with me."

Patti laid her hand on Bruce's' arm gingerly.  Sam and her boyfriend had broke up right after they found out she was pregnant.  He wanted to go see the World and not have a kid holding him down.  Needless to say Bruce was far from a fan. 

"Do you have everything you need put together?"  Patti asked.

"I sure hope so." Sam laughed. 

"We need to put up the crib today."  Patti said glancing at Bruce who nodded. 

"Is that all we have left?" He asked leaning back in his chair. 

"For what we have to have before he gets here yeah."