Living Proof

The panic was starting to set in as Sam realized any moment she was going to be a mom within hours. She knelt down on the floor her elbows on the bed trying to breathe through the pain. Patti tried her best to help and to hide her own pain she was in.

"Mmmom" Sam gasped gripping the sheets.

"It's alright sweetie, just breathe." Patti said softly while Kelly checked Sam.

"Fuck this hurts" she moaned.

"I know," Patti rubbed Sams back looking at Kelly who nodded.

"You're almost there Sam, I'm going to get some things set up and you can start to push." Kelly said moving to get a few things.

Sam pushed up in her hands to adjust how she was positioned. "Ahhhh" she cried grabbing her moms hand. "I need to push."

"Go ahead" Kelly replied kneeling back down.

Sam moaned bearing down while she clutched her moms hand.

"You're doing great sweetie" Patti reassured her.

The contraction ended and Sam buried her head in her moms lap the tears streaming down her cheeks. Another contraction started and she began to push again. The pressure mounted again and she struggled to keep pushing. When it finally ended she tried to control her breathing before the next one came. This continued for what seemed like forever and she was starting to give up.

"Sam you're almost there. Reach down and you can feel your baby's head." Kelly said.

Sam reached down laying her hand on top of the baby's head that was almost out. She sobbed her hand shaking but ready to get this over with and meet her baby. The next contraction came and she bore down, the head slipping out into her hand. Let out a sigh of relief she could breathe finally.

"Mom" Sam sighed.

"You're doing amazing sweetie, almost there."

Another contraction and she pushed again this time feeling the shoulders and the pain radiated through her again. Taking a breath she pushed again and the shoulders slipped free.

"One more big push and you can meet your baby." Kelly said.

"I'm so proud of you baby" Patti whispered.

Sam pushed again using what last bit of strength she had. Feeling the baby slip free with a rush of fluids. She sobbed completely overwhelmed. Turning over Sam carefully lifted her leg over the ambilocal cord and took the baby from Kelly placing her against her chest.

"Oh my god, hi baby" she said looking down at her daughter for the first time.

Patti smiled wiping the tears from her eyes while she looked at her daughter and granddaughter.

Kelly carefully added and blanket around the baby to keep her warm "How are you feeling?" Kelly asked.

"I feel fine, more than fine." Sam smiled.

"Keep up the confidence" Kelly smiled.

Patti laughed kissing the top of Sams head.

"Thank you mom, for being here." Sam said quietly.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the World" Patti replied.

"MMmm" Sam moaned.

"It's just the afterbirth coming now, just try to relax." Kelly explained. 'Do you want to cut her cord?"

Sam nodded carefully taking the scissors and cutting where Kelly told her to. Kelly clipped it off and took the baby to wrap her up and get her weight and other measurements.