Jane

I woke up and got ready and Evie, Mal and I met up with Carlos and Jay for Remedial Goodness 101. We soon got to the Classroom and I drew the Fairy godmother's wand.

If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Fairy Godmother said. Evie raised her hand. Evie said, What was the second one?

Oh, okay. Anyone else? Gabriella? C, give it a bottle. I said. Correct. Again. She said. You are on fire, girl! Carlos said. Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun. Mal said. Carlos said, Oh. Evie said, That makes so much sense. Fairy Godmother said to a girl, Oh. Hello, dear one. Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation. The girl said quietly. Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane? Mal and I looked at eachother. Mom, no! Jane said.

It's okay. Jane, this is everyone. Fairy Godmother said. Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were. She said. Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities? Carlos and Jay started fighting while raising their hands. Oh! Ooh... get off.

Jay. She said. C. You turn it over to the proper authorities. He said. I was gonna say that. Carlos said and Jay said, But I said it first. Come here! Carlos said, Ow! Jay said, Come on, who said it first? Who said it first? Carlos said, Ow! Stop! Ah! Fairy Godmother said, Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field.

Carlos said, Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll... We'll pass. I knew why Carlos isn't athletic but Jay is.

We were in the Hallway at my locker. Those kids are trouble. Especially Gaston's Daughter. A guy said. Bye, Gabby. Bye Mal said Evie. Mal and I said Byr and Mal went to her locker and I stayed by mine.

Come on, Chad. Give them a chance. Plus you don't know what Gabriella could be like. Audrey said, Oh. No offense, Bennybear, but you're just too trusting. Look, I know your mom fell in love with a big nasty beast who turned out to be a prince. But her dad almost killed your father. She said pointing at me and She thought I couldn't hear them. I think you're wrong about them. I'll see you later. Ben said.

I got my books out and looked at the picture of me and my brothers and my twin brother. I closed my locker and saw Ben. Hey! He said. Hey I said surprised. How was your first day? Ben asked. Super. I said and Ben saw my art on my locker. You should really think about taking this talent off the locker and into art class. I could, uh, sign you up. What do you think? Way to take all the fun out of it. By the way sorry I was a jerk when I met you. I'm not like that actually. I said soon leaving because I noticed Jane and soon Mal and I met up and walked into the bathroom.

Hi! It's Jane, right? Ah, always loved that name. Jane. I said. That's cool. She said. Mal said, Don't go! I guess We were just kind of hoping to make a friend. You probably have all the friends you need though, huh? Hardly. Jane said and I actually felt bad. Really? I mean, with your mom being fairy godmother and headmistress? I mean, not to mention your own, um... personality. Said Mal.

I'd rather be pretty. You've two got great hair. Jane said and I looked at her noticing her spell book. You know what? She has just the thing for that. I said and she then said, Gabby is right, It's right... Ah, here. "Beware, forswear, replace the old with brand new hair."

Mal placed the spell and Jane looked beautiful but like I said it matters on the inside. Oh, ah, ah! She said surprised. I had to sound mean so I said, Wow! You almost don't notice your... Other features anymore. Jane said, Do my nose! Mal said, Oh, I can't. I've been practicing, but you know, I can't do really big magic. Not like your mom with her wand. I mean, one swoosh from that thing and you could probably have whatever features you wanted.

She doesn't use the wand anymore. She believes the real magic is in the books. And not the spell books, regular books with history and stuff. Jane said. What a rip. Mal said. Yeah. Jane said and I said, You know, she used magic on Cinderella, who wasn't even her real daughter. Doesn't she love you? Well, of course she does. It's... It's just, you know, tough love. "Work on the inside, not the outside." You know, that sort of thing. Jane said and looked sad.

That's the face! Yeah, and then just look as If your... your heart is about to break. "Oh, mother, I just don't understand why you can't make me beautiful, too." Mal said. Think it would work? Jane said. Yeah. I mean, that's what old Cindy did, right? And your mother Bibbidi-bobbidi-booed the living daylights out of her. And, hey, If your mom does decide to, you know, break out the old wand, invite me. I said. Jane said, If I can convince mom, you're so there. We said, Yay. Bye. She said and we said, Bye. We smirked at eachother.