Chapter Two: Birthmark

“It’s not that bad…” Aasim tried, speaking quietly so as their conversation not to be heard. 

“Dude, it's fucking weird,” Mitch shook his head, arms crossed as he watched across the living room.

“Told you, Vi,” Louis grinned. He was too smug for this and Violet was surely gonna kick his ass later.

“It's not a fucking curse, Louis. She's- Clem’s probably.. At-at work.” Violet defended, voice shaking horribly as she paced the living room floor.

“Then who's baby is that? And why'd Clem leave her phone? You know Clem’s work is closed on Sundays anyways….” Brody sighed. She was maybe only a little less stressed than Violet, but she still had to be there for her friend. Her girlfriend was a toddler, for christ sake.

“I don't- a family friend.”

“Her family lives in Georgia, Vi.”

“Then… Her, cousin. Or niece from around here.”

Aasim rubbed his eyes, shaking his head at Brody. “Clem's adopted, Vi…”

“W- I- T-Then, its, uh,” Violet stared to the floor. Why couldn't she get her voice to stop shaking?

“I know one way we can tell if it's Clem,” Brody offered sheepishly.

Mitch rolled his eyes. “-and that would be?”

Brody licked her teeth in thought, sighing before shrugging. “Uh...We check her butt…”

Louis snorted. “What?”

“Wait, what?”

“The hell'd we do that for…?”

“Brody, really…?”

“What!” She defended, narrowing her eyes. “Clem had a birthmark.”

Violet glared at Brody. “How do you know that?”

Louis giggled, wiggling his eyebrows from his side of the couch. “I think the more important question is how you knew that, Vi,”

The group gave Louis several scolding looks, only for Brody to sigh. “I didn't realize she was in the shower. It happened once, OK?”

“Wow,” Louis shook his head sarcastically, turning to Violet. “Should we even break the curse? She cheated on you, Vi,”

“Louis, shut up.”

Violet groaned, pinching the bridge between her nose. Why did this have to happen? “Yeah, okay. Check.”

The group then turned to each other, a moment of silence ringing out before a chorus of,”NOT IT!” rang through the air.

Brody frowned, deflating. “Why do I have to do it?”

“Because,” Mitch started, Marlon stepping in.

“You're the only one that's seen her butt.”

“Violet has,” Louis noted, earning a glare from the blonde.

“I'm not checking her ass!” Violet nearly screamed, eyes wide in horror.

“Why not?”

“Because I'm her girlfriend! If it even is her!”

“That hasn't stopped you from checking out her ass before,” Louis grinned, Brody quite literally having to drag back Violet by the wrist to prevent her from smacking him again.

“I'll do it, Vi,” Brody sighed, Violet looking to her with the glare still on her face. Brody offered a small smile, glancing over her shoulder to the toddler that was currently climbing a top Tenn.