Chapter Three: Toys

“No, Clementine, come back!” 

Violet groaned in annoyance, getting up from the couch and chasing after the child. “Don’t go into Omar’s room! Clem-” Violet grabbed Clementine by the feet, swooping her up and into her arms, sighing. “I said no. Do you know what that means? It means don’t do it.”

Clementine merely laughed, flailing her arms as Violet tried her best to keep her grip. “Stop fucking wiggling…”

“Fucking!”

“No!”

“Are you okay…?” Tenn questioned Violet as she walked into the living room.

“Fucking!” Clementine repeated, only for Tenn to raise his eyebrows.

“What…?”

Violet set Clementine down on the couch, closing her eyes and rubbing them. “No, I am not okay. My girlfriend is a fucking toddler and a little shit, too.”

“Shit!”

“I think maybe you should stop cursing,” Tenn advised, getting a death glare from Violet.

Violet turned her head to look back at Clementine, kneeling down and setting her back up from where she had started to roll around. “Clem, listen to me, don’t say those words, okay…? They’re bad.”

“No bad!”

“Yes, bad,” Violet protested, furrowing her eyebrows. Why the hell was Clementine so difficult? “Don’t say them, okay? Those are for grown ups to say.”

“I g’own up.” Clementine smacked her hands together again, getting a shake of the head.

“Not any more you aren’t. Until you’re back to full sized-” “-fun sized-” “-Clementine, no more cursing. Okay?” Violet scolded, ignoring Tenn’s interruption.

Clementine pouted, her shoulders slumping. “Okay…”

“Thank y-” “-We’re baaaack~!”

“Oh thank fuck…”

“Fu-” Violet glared at Clementine, immediately silencing the child. Her gaze shifted to the doorway as Louis and the rest of the crew walked in, several bags in their arms.

“What the hell took you so long…?” She sighed, moving out of the way as Brody practically threw the bags down and ran over, picking Clementine up and into her arms.

“We wanted to get some stuff.” Brody grinned, slightly bouncing as Clementine grinned in her arms.

“Check it out!” Mitch grinned, Marlon holding open the door for him as he carried in a rather large box.

“What the hell is that…?”

“One of those drivable kid cars.”

Tenn cringed, tilting his head. “Clementine can’t drive when she’s normal sized, you think that’s a good idea?”

“Nope, but it sure as hell’s gonna be funny,” Marlon laughed, Mitch high fiving him.

“Oh, my god…” Violet sighed, rubbing her forehead again and letting out a frustrated groan. “When are we gonna try to find whoever the hell did this so we can reverse it?”

“Actually,” Aasim spoke up, opening his bag and setting out several large books on the couch side table. “I picked up these. They have a bunch of stuff about curses, and how to break them. Things like that,” He explained, Violet glancing over and reading the title of one.

Snow White and the- Really Aasim?”

“What! It’s got a curse in it,”

“Yeah, but that curse was broken by true love’s kiss,” Ruby cringed.