So Soft~

~Kailua's POV~

I sit under a tree located in the palace gardens bathing in the shade it offers as Kai lays asleep in my lap. I smile down at him and slowly but softly pet his hair as he snoozes away. I managed to find him after some time or rather he found me as always.

(A/N: Play Music now)

~Flashback~

I sit at my piano stool and practice said instrument with a soft smile on my face. As I play I hear someone knock two eighth notes, a quarter rest then two sets of sixteenth notes all in the beat of four, four. Seconds later the door creek opens and close then heavy but light footsteps make their way to my bed and flop down on it. Without looking up from my piano or opening my closed eyes I continue to play the piano not for myself but for my guest, my other half, my twin brother. "Are you fairing well?" I ask him as I continue to play for him.

Kai continues to lay on my bed silently as he listening to my tune of sorrow but joy. "You feel bad, don't you Kai" I say as I play and he gives a grunt letting me know I was right. I await for him to speak which doesn't happen for a few minutes but he finally cracks as my melody goes on. "I was so angry! Not only because he brought that up when he knows not to talk about it when you're around but also because of how you reacted. It reminded me too much of how you first were" He tells me with anger in his voice.

"I know I shouldn't have snapped like I did but before my mind could catch up my fist was already in contact with his face!" Kai exclaims, "how could I do that...to him of all people! How could I turn on my own little brother like that?! No matter how angry I was I shouldn't have done it! What would I have done if Leonhard and Licht hadn't held me back? What if the guards hadn't come in it?" Kai asks and starts rambling about all these what ifs. "Don't focus on the what ifs Kai! They didn't happen so it's okay, you're fine now, I'm fine now and I know Bruno almost as much as I know you and from what I know about my little Bookworm is that it'll take more than that hit to knock him down and out" I comfort my twin.

"But I made him bleed and I busted his lip, he has a bruised cheek because of me!" Kai counters but I only smile. "What you did will only make him tougher for when something like this happens again, besides I'm sure he doesn't hold it against you. He's not scared of you if what's what you're worrying about Kai and nether am I or anybody else" I tell him calmly. "Don't lie to me Lua, I saw you trembling and crying. You were scared" Kai tells me matter of fact and I giggle at him making him look up at me confused.

"I won't lie to you Kai, I was scared and I was trembling-" I say but before I can continue Kai cut me off. "I knew it" He sighs out, I turn towards my twin and walk towards him then sit besides him on my bed. "Let me finish Kai, I was scared and I was trembling......but not because of you. It was because of the memories, of course you did give me a fright but nothing I can't handle now days and you want to know why I wasn't scared of you?" I ask him and he looks up at me. "Why is that?" He asks and I smile at him then smooth out his slightly messed up hair as he lays on my bed. 

"Because you're my twin Kai and you were there for me not only on that day but you were there for me when the incident happened. I know with every ounce of my being and heart that you would never hurt me, even if you were being controlled" I explain to him with a (family) loving smile. Hearing this Kai sits up and smiles down at me, "I guess you're right. Thanks Lua" Kai tells me and ruffles my hair. "Fluff" he coos the moment his hand lands on my head and he turns into a chibi once again along with everything around him, including me!

"Come back with my notes you bad, bad dog!" I hear Professor Heine shouting as footsteps quickly make their way towards us. Hearing our tutor approaching us I feel fear start to rise up in me as my body squirms but I do my best to control the urge to run. All my squirming must have woken Kai up because his eyes flutter open in confusion. He looks up at me and around at our surroundings still half asleep. "Come back bad dog!" Professor Heine calls out again as the footsteps get closer and I feel my body start to shift into a position where I'll be able to jump up and run if I see him.