GETTING SOMEWHERE!

Chapter Five

EVE

A Toyota Camry?

2001 model?

How come?

When I followed him to the car park and he stopped in front of an old dead-beat car, I'd almost continued walking on. He seems more of a sports car kinda guy.

I lift my brows enquiringly at it. He just smiles and opens the door for me and watches as I enter. Bending, he pulls the seat belt across me, flashing me a smile in the process. When he pulls back, we stare at each other and I watch as his head descends towards mine slowly. I know he's giving me time to stop him, but once again I don't. And just as our lips are about to touch, my phone rings out shrilly, breaking the silence around us.

The spell is broken!

He sighs in frustration and I silently curse whoever is calling me. We stare at each other for some seconds, yet I don't make a move to pick my call and he smiles. "Pick it up, princess." And whispers into my ears. "We've got the whole night." This sends pleasurable thrills down my spine.

So he retreats and closes the door gently and goes to his side of the car while I check my phone which has stopped ringing. I see it's Ebere but I don't try calling her back.

My senses seep back into me immediately as the smell of new leather instantly hits my nostrils. I take in the beautiful black leather seats - they are obviously new. The dashboard is a myriad of lights, buttons and dials. Everything looks new, shiny and automated.

He's silent and I notice he's watching me intently as I look around. "You like?"

"An overhaul?" I ask instead.

"Yup! Pimped my ride just recently." He flashes me a grin and I notice his eyes look red.

"Did you drink any alcohol?" I'm worried that if he did, he wouldn't be able to drive.

"Yup! I also took some hits too." He replies, gesticulating with his thumb and forefinger.

I put my head in my hands and groan. "Are you for real? Don't you know you can't drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs?"

"Drugs?" He echoes dully. "I didn't take any drugs, I took some toats of Mary - j, that's all."

He looks at me quizzically and begins to laugh. "Don't tell me you've never taken it before?" He looks at me disbelievingly.

I huff, suddenly upset at the direction the conversation is going. "Am I supposed to be proud to take 'this Mary - j' you're talking about?"

He bursts out laughing again. "You dont even have the foggiest of what I'm talking about, right?"

Instead of answering, I look straight ahead and don't say a word.

"Can I educate you a bit princess?" He doesn't even wait for me to reply, he just fires on.
"Mary - j is weed. Weed is marijuana. Some people call it igbo, wee - wee or gbana. Take your pick," he finishes, waving his hand expansively.

I sigh frustratingly, understanding flooding into my mind. "Well, marijuana is a drug, it makes people do crazy, unholy things."