14. Dallon Weekes orders an extra large mango and pineapple smoothie.

Tuesday morning, I woke up, but I still didn't have a plan. I went to work and soccer practice, but I couldn't come up with a way to keep Dallon from ordering a smoothie without telling him about Gabe's visions, which was out of the question. Luckily, nothing happened that day, and it seemed like the next day would be the same.

I had soccer practice on Wednesday morning, but afterwards, I returned home and played video games for a while. I was looking forward to my day off - I could just listen to my favorite bands, eat pizza, and maybe play a game of tennis. However, my friends clearly had other plans.

Brendon knocked on the door, and although I had no desire to get off of the couch, I let him in. He ran into the house, triumphantly holding up a leather-bound book. "What's that?" I asked.

"I know a thing or two about books, and that's a book!" my little sister said.

"Go away, Hillary," I said. She obliged, and Brendon and I were alone together again.

"It's Dallon Weekes' diary," Brendon explained.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"Where do you think I got it?" Brendon said. "I stole it from him, obviously."

"Why?" I asked.

"I'm trying to be proactive," Brendon explained. "The next vision is Dallon ordering an extra large mango and pineapple smoothie, and I saw him write in his diary once that mango and pineapple was his favorite smoothie flavor. If we change that entry, then maybe we can keep the vision from happening."

"That's not a bad idea," I said. "This is easily the smartest thing you've ever done, Brendon. You might actually be that one in a million like your mama said you would."

"My mother has very unreasonable expectations for me," Brendon said. He turned back to the diary and said, "Also, I wanted to see if Dallon said anything about me in here."

"That's more like the Brendon I know," I said.

Brendon rolled his eyes and said, "Let's just start at the beginning." He opened the diary, and we started to read the first page.

January 1, 1981

"When did you see him write the entry about the smoothie?" I asked.

"Sometime last week," Brendon said.

"This is going to take forever if we're starting in 1981," I said.

"Just keep reading," Brendon said.

Dear Diary,

New Years' Day has come again, and my New Years' resolution is to release an I Don't Know How But They Found Me EP this year. I've come up with some lyrics that I could use for the EP.

I hear voices
I see visions
These spirits
Are your prison

I haven't gotten any further than that. I've been bombarded with actual visions lately. I might as well write down a few of them.

A sparkling vampire (Of course, vampires don't really sparkle)

"I don't like lollipops."

"That's not how the Force works!" (I think this one might be related to Star Wars, but the line doesn't appear in Episodes IV, V, or VI)

"Life is like a box of chocolates"