37. Sexy Strangers #4 and #6 get robbed.

As usual, I woke up earlier than Gabe and Brendon the next day so I could talk to Mikey about the upcoming vision. "What's the next vision?" Mikey asked as he put a stack of pancakes on my plate.

"You and Gerard getting robbed," I responded as I took a bite of my breakfast.

"Who would want to rob us?" Mikey asked.

"We were wondering about that too, but Gabe's visions haven't been wrong yet," I said. "How can we stop the vision from happening?"

Mikey thought about it and said, "What if we had someone keeping watch on the front of the house? Nobody's going to able to get in through the back thanks to that giant poison ivy bush growing in front of the window, and there's a spot in the attic that gives you a nice view of the front yard."

"That's a good idea, but who would be willing to sit around and watch for robbers?" I asked.

"We could have a rotating system," Mikey suggested.

"How is the person in the attic going to be able to stop the robber?" I asked.

"There could be a second person hiding behind the cork tree in the front yard," Mikey said. "We probably have some extra walkie-talkies around here someone, so the person in the attic can let the person guarding the front yard know when there's a burglar coming."

All of a sudden, Gabe climbed upstairs and came into the kitchen. "What are you guys talking about?" he asked. Mikey explained everything to him, and he said, "This is brilliant, but there's one thing missing."

"What is it?" Mikey asked.

"There should be some sort of alarm system in the house," Gabe said. "The person in the attic should be able to push a button that sets off an alarm, and all of us will know that there's a robber. In the vision, I only saw one robber, so if everyone in your family is here, plus Pete, Brendon, and I, we'll be able to take the thief down easily. It will be seven against one."

"Eight against one," Mikey corrected. "If Gerard's in the house, Frank will be too, although they're both pretty useless in a fight."

"I still can't believe that your brother is dating such an attractive guy," Gabe said. "If only he was single..."

Mikey groaned, and in a desperate attempt to change the topic, I said, "Let's get to work on the alarm system." I shoveled the last few bites of my pancakes into my mouth, and Gabe and I then left the room to figure out how to install the alarms. "Can you please stop trying to get one of the Way brothers wasted and alone for just one second?" I asked him on our way out of the kitchen.

"It's not my fault that Gerard and Mikey are both incredibly hot," Gabe said.

I shook my head, and Gabe and I started working on creating an alarm system. It took a while, but we eventually figured out how to hook up the Ways' computer to the fire alarm. Before long, we had a button set up in the attic that would set off a cascade of noisy alarms throughout the house if someone pushed it. The whole system was perfect.

I was the first person to keep watch from the second floor that night. Gabe was hiding behind the cork tree in the front yard, while Mikey and Brendon slept. They were supposed to take over for us at midnight. In the meantime, I was doing my best to watch the yard carefully, but I was falling asleep. I was tempted to go downstairs and steal some of Gerard's coffee, but I couldn't leave the attic. This was one of my last chances to keep Gabe from dying - I couldn't mess up this time.

All of a sudden, a blond-haired figure dressed in black walked toward the house. Certain that this was the robber, I pushed the button and sprinted downstairs. I then turned on the walkie-talkie and told Gabe, "There's a robber coming toward the house!" Tonight, it was just fire alarms, but hopefully, I wouldn't lose Gabe.