Chapter 3 - Hermione's Point of View

PART 3

Hermione's Point of View

I watched with disgust as Pansy kissed Malfoy but I found my own tummy turning up in butterflies.

I dashed off to tell my friends to hide my furious blushing as I saw Draco lift his head up.

"What's wrong Mione?" teased Ron as I took my seat beside him. 

He and Harry were playing a game of Wizards' Chess.

"Nothing," I replied, in a monotone.

There was an awkward silence that filled the table as we all just stared at the chessboard in wonder.

I was just daydreaming, but of course, Ron and Harry were most likely thinking about their next move in the game.

They didn't seem to notice my little white lie, probably because they were too involved in the game. 

I just ran out of the Great Hall with my head down, so nobody would follow me.

As I passed the grand doors, something cold slammed into me.

Draco.

My cheeks immediatly started to colour.

I looked up to meet his face. Instead of a sneer, I was greeted by a raised eyebrow.

"I'm so sorry, I can expla.........," before I could say anymore, I was surprised to be pulled into a kiss, filled with love and passion.

Draco pulled back just a bit, to see my reaction.

He opened his lips to say something, but this time, he was cut short as I pulled him into another breath-taking kiss.

As I stared into his beautiful ocean coloured eyes, I saw as much love in them as I would ever see.

Now I knew that he could be trusted.

Just something about him made me love him even more. 

A huge chunk of my heart belonged with him, wherever he was. 

I looked around, to make sure nobody had seen our little moment.

Luckily, nobody was watching.

I had the urge to hold his hand while we walked.

Hand-in-hand.

My thought was quickly dismissed as I saw Pansy skip our way, heading for Draco.

As much a Draco tried to avoid her, Pansy still managed to plant a kiss on his lips.

"Why is that filthy mudblood here?" Pansy asked. I was really stumped for words.

When I opened my mouth and nothing came out, Draco came to my rescue by explaining how he had only just passed me. 

I washed with sadness as they left.

Just before Draco turned the corner, he gave me a "sorry" look.

When I was about to reply, he was already dragged  away by an impatient Pansy.

Each time Draco was away, my heart longed for him and I yearned his love.

I had also forgotten the most important thing of all.

I was still dating Ron, yet why was I longing for Draco?

The answer was simple.

I was in love with him.

But how could a Griffindor be in love with Slytherin?

It was just like forbidden love.

Not only was I betraying Ron, but all my friends as well.

Sure, I loved Ron, but I just didn't feel the same around him anymore.

With Draco, I felt complete.

Like he was my other half.  

Everything was just too much for me.

I was too overwhelmed.

Tears spilled down my face as I trudged back to my room with my head hung low. 

Next Morning

Next morning, I was lucky enough to have been able to cover my puffy red eyes with a little bit of foundation.

Harry and Ron motioned for me to sit with them at the Griffindor table, like I always did.

I tried my best to hide my discomfort.

I was actually very surprised, when Harry and Ron actually believed me!

Boys these days! ;P

Everything was going fine until Harry shouted across the table so loudly, that everybody turned to look.

"Watch it Malfoy. Your prying eyes are up to no good!" he shouted with vermon in each word.

Draco seemed to notice my pleading look, so he just glared at Harry for what seemed to be eternity, until he broke away and angrily stabbed at his breakfast.

"Too scared," muttered Harry under his breath, but loud enough so that both Ron and I could hear.

With my emotions unsettled, I decided to sort this out with Draco once and for all.

I got up and told Harry and Ron that I hadn't finished some work and needed to go to the library and would see them in class, which happened to be Potions with the Slytherins, then walked briskly out of the grand hall.

Outside, I maanaged to catch Draco's eye and motioned for him to come.

He gazed around the room before joining me just outside the grand hall.

"What?" he asked.

I was a little taken back by his tone but he must've seen my expression because his face softened up a little and he said, "Sorry, it's just that I don't want anyone to get suspicious, that's all."

Sorry guys, had to just stop there. But just had. Will update again soon! ;P <3 Love you guys!