thirty one

Wednesday | 3:26 p.m.

Renée's P. O. V.

"Okay, close your eyes we're almost there," Daniel said.

"You said I wasn't gonna be blindfolded," I told him.

"You're not. I trust that you won't ruin your surprise," he said.

"Okay, fine." I closed my eyes.

"No peeking."

"I won't." I chuckled.

Less than five minutes later Daniel stopped the car and took the keys out.

"Okay, don't open your eyes until I tell you."

"Okay." I sat with my eyes closed as Daniel got out of the truck then opened one of the backdoors. He closed it then a few seconds later opened my door and grabbed my hand.

"Keep them closed," he said, helping me out of the truck. He helped me walk a little bit, then finally we stopped.

I opened my eyes and saw a huge field of sunflowers with a big sign above us. Ted Grinter's Sunflower Field.

"Daniel!" I exclaimed.

"I figured you could take some pictures and I could take some pictures of you," he said.

"This is amazing, oh my gosh." I turned and hugged him. "I didn't bring my camera."

"I got it." He handed me my camera bag.

"You're amazing." I took my camera out of my bag and started walking through the rows of sunflowers.

I snapped a few pictures every now and then, getting different angles and all that stuff.

"Let me take some pictures of you," Daniel said. I turned back and saw him smiling at me.

"Why?" I chuckled.

"Because, I know you'll remember this trip because of the pictures you take and the ones we take in the car. But I want you to remember how happy you are right now."

"Aww, Daniel. Okay, I have an idea. And we can take some together on your phone."

"Okay." He smiled and took my camera. I picked a couple sunflowers then sat down on the ground and posed for a few pictures.

 I picked a couple sunflowers then sat down on the ground and posed for a few pictures