fifty five

five months later
Sunday | 7:16 p.m.

Renée's P. O. V.

"Okay guys, a little to the left," I said. "Wait now go a little to the right."

Zach was helping Daniel carry our couch through the door of our new apartment. I was standing inside guiding them.

"Okay, keep coming keep coming. Zach go to the left some, okay perfect!" They goy through the door and I moved out of the way.

"Let's put it against this wall for now," Daniel said. They set it down and stood up, sighing.

"That was hard work." I sighed.

"You didn't do anything!" Zach exclaimed, his face red from carrying the heavy couch. We all laughed and plopped onto the couch.

"That was the last thing so we can just order some food whenever y'all want," I said.

"Thanks for helping us move Zach," Daniel said.

"Sure, I got nothing better to do." He chuckled.

"So...pizza?" I asked.

"Actually, I do have to get back to the studio. My new roommate is getting here today."

"Oh yeah?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah. His name's Jack. I don't know much about him but he seems pretty cool."

"Well let us know how it goes. Maybe we can all hang out before classes start," Daniel suggested.

"Of course."

"And thanks again for helping us," I told him. He nodded and we all stood up to hug.

"See y'all later," he said. He walked towards the front door and out of the apartment. Daniel plopped back onto the couch and pulled me onto his lap.

"So...I think that before we order any food, we should unpack the bedroom. More specifically the bed," Daniel said, kissing my neck.

"I told you I'm on my period babe," I said running my fingers through his hair.

"Oh, I forgot. So instead let's unpack the bedroom, order food, and we can cuddle all night long."

"That sounds better." I chuckled and kissed his lips.

We both got up and Daniel headed towards the bedroom. I looked around the apartment and admired it all. It was adorable. It was small, but we didn't need a lot of space. And the view was amazing, the living room and kitchen had windows where you could see the mountains and the forest, while the front of the apartment building faced the city.

It was a perfect spot for Daniel and I, not too far from Pacific Northwest, but still far enough to be able to get away from the stress that came with it.

It hadn't actually hit me until just then. I just moved in with the guy I love. My whole life, nothing has ever worked out how I wanted. My childhood was horrible and everything always seemed to go wrong, until I met Daniel.

I felt myself start to tear up, just thinking about how far I've come and how much has changed in the past year and a half. Most of it had been because of Daniel.