Chapter 11

Stiles POV

"Mmm." I grunted as my alarm ranged extremely loud. My hand extends out turning it off. Last night was amazing and I actually remembered. Smiling I roll up to a sitting position stretching my arms.

My mind wanders back to Heather and what happened between us. Fuck I would feel like a total dick if I don't tell Cierra what happened. I shouldn't start this off whatever we have like this.

"Do you always wake up and overthink stuff?" Cierra asked muffled by the pillow.

"What are you talking about?" I asked nonchalant.

She huffs out frustrated sitting up on her elbows. She gives me a are you serious look. "I can smell that your nervous and anxious about something." She says getting out the bed pulling the cover with her.

"I'll leave you to your thoughts while I get ready." She leans back on the bed and gives me a little sweet kiss then walks away.

I give a small smile at her retreating form. Well I better get up and get to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready?" She yelled after 30 minutes. Rolling my eyes I grab my bag heading out the door.

Descending down the stairs I see Cece texting a message on her phone.

"I'm driving lets go." I say startling her.

"Oh wow you scared me." She laughs out clutching her chest.

"I'll drive today. I have a dinner date tonight." She says smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh with-

"It's not what you think. I'm hanging with Heather my best friend from childhood. I ran into her yesterday at the store. Considering I didn't attend her party I'm planning something special for her tonight." Cece says beaming. My heart stop beating for a split second.

"Wow thats sounds cool." I muttered out feeling slightly guilty.

"Are you okay? You've been acting weird since last night." She says intently looking at me.

Shaking my head no back and forth not trusting myself to speak.

"You're lying, but I won't press it. See you at school." She turns away and out the door. I finally breath out with relief.

"I don't see anything." Derek says quickly glancing at Allison and Lydia's arm.

"Look again." Scott encounters.

"How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

"It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same." Scott says.

"It's nothing."

"Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Okay wow Lydia.

"They're trying to help." The tension in the room is heavy.

"These two. This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic Uncle. Thank you." Derek's says pointing to Lydia. "And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." Directing it towards Allison.

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." I said lightning up the mood.

"My mother died." If only she knew what really happened.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek dismissively says with a valid point.