Chapter 12

Cierra POV

"Cierra I'm sorry."

What an absolute asshole. I mean should I even be this mad anyway? We're not together, but in the same sense I thought we had something. I just hope this is me overreacting.

Taking a deep breath I strolled into the cafeteria to get lunch. I know exactly where I won't be sitting. Getting my tray of food I make my way outside to the tables. Sitting I sigh heavily tossing my bag.

I can't be mad at Heather. Like how would she know that I was into him? Speaking of Heather she hasn't texted me since last night. I hope and pray she's okay. I'm really looking foward to that date. At least I would have her again. My best gal pal.

My lips quirk up into a smile. As I began to eat my food. My nose twitched and my heartbeat sped up. Counting to five I start to relax, but stayed alert. Chills ran down my spine as I felt him getting closer calculating his moves, as if he was going to pounce onto his prey.

As still as I could I sat there debating on what to do. It felt like Kansas all over again. I felt angry and scared, but more so alone.

The grass crunched beneath his feet as he quietly approached me from my rear. My hard facade crumbled before me. Why am I allowing him to have this affect on me?

"Nice to know I still have a hold on you." He said with smugness in his tone. My eyes fluttered closed and opened within five seconds.

"Aiden..." my voice croaked out. As if I have been crying.

"You're not happy to see me sunny?" He asked me coming to sit next to me. Swinging one leg over he scooted as close as possible towards me. My body froze at the nickname and the closeness.

"Don...do...don't call me that." I stumbled out looking onto my tray of food.

"But you loved when I called you that. Don't tell me you forgot?" He mocked with amusement. My hands trembled with anger and frustration.

"Just stop...stop I don't wa...wan.want any trouble." I said stumbling over my words again.

"You're the one who is making trouble for yourself. Deucalion gave you multiple opportunities to join, but your refusal is what's making it hard. Now you're being-

"Hunted down by animals. Why would I be associated with a bunch of sociopaths who kills for enjoyment?" I said finding a little strength cutting my eyes toward him.

Taken back by my bewilderment he laughs a humorless chuckle that sounded humorless.

"You think I enjoy killing people? Is that what you really think of me?" He ask dropping the tough guy facade.

"For the last two years yes. You've been manipulated by Deucalion don't you see that? Not to mention you killed the only family I had left. And what you thought I would be okay with that?" I asked with malice in my voice.

"We had to get your attention somehow sunny. Like I said your making this way harder than it has to be. JUST JOIN US!!!"

Aiden yelled slapping his hand on the table startling me.

"Go to hell." I retorted getting up. In a instant he's in front of me snatching my arm. My heartbeat speeds up.

"I don't want to hurt you more than what I already have." I felt his claw pierce my flesh. My eyes began to water.

"You can't hurt me more than I already am." My tears threatening to fall. "Now let go before I make a scene." I said drained. His eyes glanced at my arm and pulled away.

"Time is running out." He says turning and walking away.

My knees buckled as I began to panic. Dropping to the grass my breathing became ragged and out of control.

I hear one or two footsteps barreling towards. At least I think it's two.

"Woah woah! Cierra talk to me what's going on?" I hear Scott ask.

"I'm... I'm...ummm...umm...having...a...a...a...uh panic...-

"She's having a panic attack Scott." Stiles says grabbing my face. "Look at me Cierra and count to ten."

"1...2...3.......4......5....6...7...8.....9...10." I finished out looking him in the eyes. My breathing beginning to even out.

"Good. Now can you tell me what happened?" He asked me still holding my face and looking me in the eyes.

My lip begun to tremble as I shook my head back and forth.

"What happened to your arm?" Scott points out confused.

"Aiden happened." I said as my eyes adverted to Scott.

"What do you mean Aiden happened? Stiles demanded. "Whats got you so spooked all of sudden?"

"Deucalion." I simply said as tears slid onto my cheek so slowly. "I'm running out of time." I cried out. Stiles places his arms around me securely.

"Not as long as I'm beside you." He says stoically.

Alright just of 1000 words, but it's something. It'll be slow updates until further notice. New job means new hours and less time to do anything else. I'll try to make it a habit to update weekly or every two weeks. Who knows? But enjoy it and Thanks for all the love and support.