gordie imagine

this imagine is kinda based on the song malibu 1992 by COIN (i've been playing it on a loop). also this has some serious Notebook vibes.

(aged up)

many years had passed since you and your four best friends had parted ways after high school. you missed all of them, but one specific boy had been on your mind. you had had a crush on gordie lachance since you were 5, so saying goodbye to him had been the hardest thing. and although you two were best friends, you had always had a feeling that he liked you too.

it was 1970, and you were 23 now, and had finished college. you were engaged to a man in new jersey. you loved him, but your heart still ached for your first true love.

one day, you found yourself with nothing to do. your fiancé was away, so you decided to visit castle rock, with no intentions on what to do. you just had a feeling that you needed to.

you walked throughout the town, and your heart hurt. you didn't know why. it was just a town, right?

you ran out of things to do, fast. it was a small town. you decided to see if the old treehouse was still up. you looked up at the empty tree. you figured that it wouldn't be there, but you still wanted to know for sure.

"Y/N?"

you turned around quickly, after hearing the familiar voice. your eyes widened, and you slowly lifted your hand to your mouth.

"gordie?" you said, shakily. "oh my god."

he slowly walked up to you. a smile grew on his face, which had matured quite a bit in 5 years. he wrapped his arms around you, engulfing you in a warm, longing hug.

"i missed you so much! what're you doing here?!"

you realized that you hadn't smiled.

"i'm just visiting.."

he took notice in the sorrow in your voice. he pulled back from the hug, and looked into your eyes.

"Y/N, i know when you're upset. what's wrong?"

you didn't know. your eyes started to tear up.

"i don't know why i came in the first place. i shouldn't be here."

you said, walking away. you started to cry. you heard footsteps catching up with you.

"Y/N, i need to tell you something. i have no idea what your situation is, but i just needed to tell you that i've loved you since i first laid my eyes on you. my love only grew as we got older. i'm not expecting you to say anything, and i know this is horrible timing, but i just needed to get it off my chest."

you turned around and pressed your lips to his. it's seemed as if time had stopped.

"gordie, i've loved you too." his eyes widened and and he kissed you again, his hands cupped your face. you pulled away after a few seconds.

"this can't happen," you said, "i'm engaged."

he didn't look upset.

maybe, perhaps this was closure. you now knew why you had to come back to this town in the first place.

"i get it." he said. he took your hand. "Y/N, i won't forget this. i think we both needed this to move on." you smiled softly.

"goodbye gordie." you let go of his hand.

"bye, Y/N." he watched you walk away.

you took in the blue sky, and the smell of the air. you listened to the breeze.

you woke up. you looked over to the side to see your fiancé, gordie, sleeping soundly. you smiled, and curled up to him, and he put his arm around you.

god, you were lucky.

1/6/19
i like this and idk why
thank you for 100 reads!
-sammy