[part three]

"Dirtbag, ten o'clock," Davina whispered into Y/N's ear a couple of nights later, on her second shift at The Diamond

Y/N turned and caught the eye of Finn Mikaelson, a slimy co-owner of the club. Just his gaze made her feel dirty, and she wished Elijah was around to scare him off again. The debonair Mikaelson brother was nowhere to be found, however, and she couldn't help but the disappointment that washed over her.

They had shared a kiss two nights ago, before he ran off without a word, leaving her alone to wonder what she had done wrong. The thought that he may be avoiding her crossed her mind, and not for the first time. Her shoulders slumped as she loaded up her tray with bottles of beer and glasses of bourbon for her table.

"Hey, baby, you're so much prettier when you smile," she heard a voice say close to her ear. She didn't need to look to know it was Finn.

"I'll keep that in mind," she said, rolling her eyes and keeping the same cold expression on her face, before speed walking over to the table of men.

"You gonna join us?" A man with icy blue eyes and jet black hair winked at her, as she set the drinks in front of them. Davina had shown her a couple of tricks for staying relatively coherent when the patrons were trying to get her drunk, and for that she was grateful.

"Bottoms up, handsome," she purred, plucking a flask from her garters and taking a large pull. It was secretly filled with water for just this occasion. Sometimes the men insisted she drink what they were drinking, but for the most part, this was working well.

She inconspicuously checked her watch. Only two hours to go before her shift was over, and she'd already made a huge wad of cash. This job may have been degrading, but she would be able to pay off her bills quickly here - even more so when she began to dance.

"You fellas just let me know if there's anything else you need," she smirked, before moving towards her second table.

"Y/N? There's a woman in the lobby for you, love. She says it's urgent," Rebekah informed her, a look of sympathy in her eyes.

An icy chill crawled up her spine as she realized the only person who knew where she worked was Joselia, Sofia's Brazilian nanny.

Although they had to let her go after their parents died, Joselia had agreed to watch Sofia a few nights a week while Y/N worked at the club.

She followed Rebekah quickly back to the lobby, her heart thumping rapidly in her chest.

There stood Joselia in a white coat over her red pajamas, her dark hair covered in a white scarf. She looked disheveled, and completely shaken.

"Amorzinho," Joselia cried, her voice high pitched and anxious. "I am so sorry. My daughter went into labor, and I need to go to her."

"Of course.. but where is Sofia?" Y/N tried to keep her voice steady but she was terrified at the thought of her baby sister finding her here, half naked in a room full of scumbags.