[part eight]

Note: The last line of this chapter is a MAJOR spoiler

Note: The last line of this chapter is a MAJOR spoiler. Please don't highlight that sentence to respond and risk ruining the surprise for others ;) Thank you so much!

______________________

The nostalgia flooded Y/N's senses as Katherine's honeysuckle perfume wafted through the air. How many times had she sprayed her pillow with the scent, hoping to spend time with the beautiful woman in her dreams?

But now, after so much time had passed, the delicate fragrance had become cloying, the sight of her magnificent face unwelcome.

"What are you doing here, Katherine?" Her voice was sharp as she rose, resting a hand on her hip as she eyed her with curiosity. "I'm sure you feel that this place is beneath you."

Katherine flinched. "Okay, I'll admit, I deserved that. But people change, Y/N. I'm here for a job."

Y/N chuckled softly. "A job? We both know Daddy Pierce would never let you work in a strip club."

"That's actually why I'm here. After all his years of threatening to do it, Daddy Pierce finally cut me off. And with no degree, and nowhere to live, it looks like it's Titty Bar City for his darling daughter." Katherine's eyes darkened as she drank in the beauty of Y/N for the first time in nearly two years. "Although, perhaps it won't be as bad as I'd thought.."

Y/N shook her head. "Don't even look at me, Katherine. You lost the right to ogle when you dropped me without a second thought, before I'd even been released from the hospital."

Davina inhaled sharply. "Ooh. That's cold," she said, shaking her head. "Uh, Y/N.. Mr. Mikaelson was looking for you. He said it was urgent."

"Thanks, Davina." She brushed past her on her way out. "I owe you," she whispered.

"See you tomorrow, honey!" Katherine called to her obnoxiously, as she pulled the door shut behind her with trembling hands.

"Fuck. Fuck, fucking fuck!" She growled as she slammed the wall with her palm, the stinging doing nothing to take her mind off of her situation.

"Whoa.. is everything okay there, darling?"

Y/N flicked her eyes over to a very concerned Kol and frowned. "I guess you could say my luck has run out. Again," she sighed, feeling her eyes well up with angry tears.

"Does this have anything to do with the new cocktail waitress? She was watching your dance routine like a famished cat at an aquarium." Kol slung his arm around her shoulder, and she felt her heartbeat slow.

"That's my ex. When she left me, I was shattered - bruised and broken, and certain I'd be alone forever. But now that things have finally started looking up, I guess she's determined to make my life miserable again."

Kol clucked his tongue. "We won't let that happen, love. Run along home, and I assure you, we will take care of it."

"Thank you," she mumbled, before he removed his arm from her shoulders and stepped towards the closed door of the dressing room. "Knock, knock, ladies!" He threw her a wink, and she hurried back to find Elijah.