are you married?

"How many times have I told you to remove it when you're on schedule, Love."

"I totally forgot! I was too focused on promotions that I forgot to remove it before the fansign."

The two sit in separate rolling chairs as she scrolled through social media, reading articles regarding the recent incident.

Koreaboo | Monsta X Shownu Reportedly Engaged

Soompi | Monsta X Shownu Found Wearing Silver Ring On Closed FanSign

AllKpop | Is Monsta X Shownu Married?

Comment(s) (167)

Hyun92woo: heol ! Did he marry Na Hyunssi recently?

Showyoushownu: I don't know but aren't they too young to be married?

Hyun92woo: Too young? He's considered a dad already! We should be celebrating! ㅋㅋ

061892shw: Bring on the champagne! 🍾

"I don't understand." Shownu shakes his head, flustered at the comments.

"They think you're too old and that you should be married already." Na Hyun lets out a laugh, hitting his shoulder.

Shownu was with Na Hyun in the company's office room where they just held a meeting regarding the issue. The boys and staffs left the two alone to speak in private, but both knew very well that a few of the nosy guys plastered their ears by the door.

They thought the two would be arguing, but hearing Na Hyun's laughter surprised all of them.

"Wow she's so chill about this." Changkyun crosses his arms, staring at Minhyuk and Jooheon whose ears were stuck to the entrance.

"I was wondering why the cameras weren't focused on my face but on my fingers, I was so scared and I realized it was too late to remove it."

"I'm surprised they didn't confront you on the spot."

"That's because Jooheon and Minhyuk caught their attention with their usual bickering."

"HE-" Jooheon covered Minhyuk's mouth.

"Well in any other case I think you should give it to me for now." Na Hyun open and closes her palm, asking for his ring in which he hides his hand with the ring.

"Why? I can just place it in my wallet before the schedule!"

"But look what happened today, you forgot. It's okay it's just during your promotion and I'll give it back to you." Na Hyun seriously stated to him, placing a hand to his arm.

"No."

Na Hyun sighs, letting go from her hold. "Shownu you're not making this any eas-"

"Love, it won't happen again. The company will deny the statements it will all be fine! Why are you so worried?"

Na Hyun avoids his piercing gaze, staring at her fingers that played with her own ring.

The entire room was silent. The boys were silent. It's as if the entire floor they were on could feel the meeting room's atmosphere.

That was, until a little sniffle erupted, followed by droplets and a flustered Shownu.

"Hyun-ah Hyun-ah hey hey hey, what's wrong?" Shownu stood up, grabbing her wrists to make her stand up as well, but she vigorously shook her head as it hung low, avoiding to look at him at any cost.

He knew she was masking her true emotions the whole meeting, but he didn't expect her to cry. He of all people knew she hated crying or even showing a negative emotion in public.

Shownu cups her cheeks, wiping her endless tears with his thumbs before placing a kiss on her forehead. He looks back down to see her still avoiding his stare.

"Look at me, love." He mumbles.

Na Hyun's glossy eyes slowly look up to Shownu's worried ones.

He hates seeing her cry.

"What's wrong?"

Na Hyun sniffles, contemplating whether or not to express her feelings.

Shownu nods signaling her to continue, creasing his eyebrows as he continued to wipe her cheeks.

"I'm scared."

Shownu carefully hold her chin in one hand, placing her hair behind her ear with the other because her hair was sticking to her wet face.

"Scared? You're scared of what?"

Na Hyun closes her eyes, calming her breath before looking into his eyes once more.

"I'm scared that I'd ruin your career."

"What?!"

"Hyung, I've seen it all before! Fans were lost because of a revealed relationship or even when marriages were announced. I don't want you to lose something you've worked so hard on. But at the same time, I'm scared to lose you if I have to give you up."

Shownu shakes his head quickly, hugging her tight.

"Na Hyun-ah, none of that is going to happen, especially losing each other. I'm not going to let that happen. I'm not going to let anything bad happen."

He lets go only to cradle her face again.

"It happens, Hyun-ah. We gain fans, we lose some too. But the real ones stay. And that's all that matters. And even if worst comes to worst and the company lets me go if it were to get out of hand to the point where it affects the members- which it won't! I can work on my business major, but none of that will happen! There will always be a way."

"But you're the leader, love."

"I'm telling you now to believe me, Na Hyun. I'm still going to be in Monsta X, and I'm still going to be with you. You really think I'm gonna let go of my best friend since pampers?"

Na Hyun laughs, wiping her tears.

"There it is. The smile I want to see for the rest of my life."

Na Hyun smiles, admiring his gorgeous face, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Come here." Shownu says, bringing his lips to hers.

"You're extra attractive when you're determined and assured." She comments once they separate, still holding on to each other.

"Am I?"

Na Hyun nods, "I can really see how much you persevere."

"Yeah well..." Shownu lifts up his hand with the ring.

"Just to let you know, I'm never going to let this get away. And they can believe if I'm married too, it'll happen anyway. Why not give em' a head start?"

•••
I missed writing! :(