2

"You're late," Heimdall said as Thor walked up behind him. He held onto his sword and stared out at the stars before him while Thor came to a stop next to him. "Merriment can sometimes be a heavier burden than battle," Thor told him. "Then you're doing one of them incorrectly," Heimdall said.

Thor chuckled. "Perhaps," he said. His eyes flickered over to the stars and space before him and his thoughts wandered over to Liv. He quickly pushed the thoughts of her aside and looked to Heimdall. "How fare the stars?"

"Still shining. From here I can see Nine Realms and ten trillion souls," Heimdall told him. He looked to Thor for a moment before sighing and placing the sword in its spot in the Bifrost. "You recall what I told you of the Convergence?"

"Yes, the alignment of the worlds. It approaches, doesn't it?" Thor asked. "The universe hasn't seen this marvel since before my watch began. Few can sense, even fewer can see it. A world that's infected can be dangerous. It is truly beautiful," Heimdall said as the two walked over to the edge of the Bifrost.

Thor looked out into the stars before shaking his head slightly. "I see nothing," Thor told him. "Or perhaps that is not the beauty you seek," Heimdall suggested.

Thor looked to him and Heimdall gave him a pointed look. Thor knew he was talking about Liv and he stared at the man for a moment longer before they both chuckled. The god fell silent as he looked to the stars, a small smile on his face as he thought about Liv.

"How is she?" he asked softly. "She's quite clever, your mortal. Strong and brave just as you described her to be. She doesn't know it yet, but she studies the Convergence alongside her sister as well. Even now she. . ." Heimdall paused, his head turning the the stars as he looked around wildly. "What?" Thor asked, becoming tense.

"I can't see her."

- - -

When Liv woke up, the first thing she could think of was that she didn't remember going to sleep. The next thing she thought of was how the floor was a lot harder and bumpier than her bed. That's when everything seemed to hit her all at once.

Liv's eyes shot open and she sat up and began to look around frantically. She was ready to fight, her usual agent instincts kicking in, but found that she was back in the very abandoned building she had been in with Darcy and Jane. Liv furrowed her eyebrows in confusion before stumbling to her feet.

She looked down at her hands and frowned at the sight of them being normal. What was going on? Hadn't there just been some kind of red and black energy force around her hands? And what had happened to the cave she was in?

Liv shook her head slightly and wiped the dirt off of her clothes before going to find the others. Maybe what she had seen was just a dream.

The others were no where to be seen, so Liv made her way outside of the building. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion at the sight of a bunch of police cars outside of the building. She looked from the cars to the building before she heard Darcy yell out to her.

"Liv! Where the hell were you?" Darcy asked as she caught sight of the girl. She began running over to her and Jane looked up from her phone and over to her sister. Darcy hugged Liv and let out a sigh of relief while Jane stormed over to them.

Jane was by her side in a matter of seconds and whacked the girl in the arm. "Liv! I swear to God if you ever go missing like that again, I'm going to-" Jane began to yell. "I'm sorry! I-" Liv trailed off and looked to the police cars. "Please tell me you didn't call the police!"