9

An odd kind of silence fell on the breakfast table that morning, the kind of silence that everyone but one person acknowledged and that person happened to be Liv who was happily munching away at her cereal as she read a newspaper article about Tony and Maya's latest adventures.

They had just taken down some guy named Killian and Tony had gotten the surgery to get rid of the shrapnel in his chest. The bummer was that their house had been destroyed during the whole ordeal, but from what Liv read in the paper, Tony and Maya were moving to the Avengers tower in New York to live with Bruce and Emily.

Liv smiled softly to herself as she finished the article, mentally making a note to go visit the Starks and soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Bruce Banner when she got back home. She set the paper down before looking up to see that Jane, Erik, Darcy, and Ian were all staring at her silently as they ate their food.

"What?" Liv questioned as she took a sip of her orange juice. "I'm sure he'll come back," Darcy told her, referring to how Thor had returned to Asgard and had yet to contact them. Liv just smiled and said, "Oh, he will. He always does."

"Oh, for sure. For sure. It's just. . .how long do you think he will be? I mean, last time he was gone for, like, a year and then there was the whole him being gone for a year before that, so who knows how long it could be this time," Darcy pointed out making Liv tense up.

"It's only been two days," Liv muttered as she looked to her friends. "Do you guys really think he's not coming back?" They all looked down to their food and Erik took a bite of his eggs before asking, "Did he say anything before he left?"

"Yeah, he just has to figure some stuff out with his father. He kind of committed treason. . ." Liv froze at her words, a frown appearing on her face as she final realized that the situation probably wasn't the best. "-on our way out."

Liv looked back down at her bowl of cereal and instead of having that casual smile on her face like earlier, a distant and almost upset look had dawned her face.

"Oh," Erik muttered.

The rest of breakfast was silent except this silence was the one where everyone knew about it, but none of them knew what to say. And this silence was much worse than the first one especially since everyone knew that Liv was upset.

One by one, the group left the table until Liv was by herself, slowly spinning her spoon around in the milk and three pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch that were left in her bowl.

It's not that Liv didn't think Thor would come back to her that was bothering her, cause she knew he would. But it was the fact that she didn't know when he would come back. After all, Darcy had been right when she said he kept leaving for a year at a time. What if this time was longer? What if he didn't come back?

Liv's thoughts were cut off by the sound of thunder filling the air. The brunette instantly sat up straight, her eyes wide as she heard footsteps growing near. Her friends and sister all came running into the room, their eyes wide as they looked to Liv who was now sporting a big grin on her face.

Liv didn't even bother saying anything to the others before she was turning and running out of the door, her eyes on the rainbow colors of the Bifrost that glowed before her. From the colors came Thor who walked out with his eyes already set on the Foster girl and that damn smile of his growing on his face.