Apple Pie (03)

Taeyeon has been lingering around her window all day, waiting for the return of the red Volvo 122S that's usually parked inside the garage next door.

She has heard its engine a couple of hours ago and peeked out the window to see Tiffany reversing out of the garage to then leave the house. Her husband has left for work earlier that morning as per usual.

It's only been a week since Taeyeon moved in so she's not entirely sure of her neighbors' daily routine.

Her wait finally comes to an end when the shiny red Volvo appears, passing her house to park neatly at the driveway next door. She quickly grabs the clean pie tin she's prepared and walks out of her house calmly towards the raven-haired woman who's now taking bags of groceries out of her car.

"Grocery shopping, huh?" she says as she approaches Tiffany, wearing a cute innocent smile on her face.

Tiffany turns her head and raises her eyebrows at Taeyeon.

"I've been meaning to ask about the nearest, most recommended grocery store in the neighborhood." Taeyeon stops in front of the surprised Tiffany, notices the slight nervous twitch and tells herself to stay calm and play it cool. "We're running out of food."

"Where did you buy your grocery before?" asks Tiffany once she has cleared her throat.

"Not sure. Key bought them using the list I gave him and it was too overpriced."

"He probably went to the Johnson's store," replies Tiffany as she takes another paper bag out of the backseat of her car. "Don't shop there. He only gives reasonable prices to people he knows or likes."

"That's strange," says Taeyeon who then tucks the pie tin under her right arm to free both hands in order to help Tiffany. "Here. Let me help."

"It's okay. I got it," Tiffany says as she tightly hugs the three paper bags in between her arms, barely able to see over them. "Go to the old Mr. Wilkins' store. He has better quality produce and lower price although I admit that the Johnson's store has more variety."

"I'll keep that in mind. Now I'll just take one bag before you break something." Without waiting for Tiffany's response, Taeyeon grabs the middle bag that's dangerously slipping down and safely holds it in her hands. She then flashes Tiffany another smile. "Better, right?"

Tiffany stares at Taeyeon for a second before mumbling a quick thank you and turning around to go inside the house. She doesn't forget to get her purse and nudge the car door close with her hip, causing Taeyeon to smirk and grin behind her.

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on that hot piece of-...

"Aren't you coming?"

Taeyeon looks up to see Tiffany frowning at her. It's obvious that she's been caught staring at the woman's butt and said woman is not happy about it.

"Do you sew your own dresses?" asks Taeyeon in a tone that's still very calm. Even her expression hasn't changed. She's trying to appear as if she's not staring at Tiffany's butt but at the woman's dress instead.

Raising one eyebrow, Tiffany flatly replies. "No."

"Ah alright. I love your dresses. If you sew them yourself then I'd like to have one made. Really love the cut."

There's a pause as Tiffany seemingly try to make up her mind about Taeyeon's words and their sincerity but at the end of it, all she can say is, "I can introduce you to the dress maker, if you want. She's a friend of mine and she lives downtown."