Apple Pie (07)

Taeyeon sips her soda pop and looks at the clock. It's almost noon which means that her favorite housewife is either halfway through her chores or almost done with them, and that her phone will be ringing soon.

Ever since she helped Tiffany with her car, the woman has been making more effort in approaching her or talking to her. She no longer has to create 'coincidences' because Tiffany would call her and ask her to go with her to the store directly. The woman has even set up a teaching plan to make sure that Taeyeon keeps learning and improving her cooking skills.

Taeyeon has had four more cooking lessons under her belt so far and the two women have grown much closer, talking and interacting like two old friends.

As planned, she has stealthily increased the amount of warm gestures and physical touches every time they meet. The big milestone is the hug they shared just a few days ago after a sad Tiffany told her about the sad news she heard from her parents. The dog that she had raised up until she had to leave her parents' home to marry her husband passed away that morning. She was embarrassed to be crying, at first, so she kept looking down or away, avoiding Taeyeon's eyes. But when Taeyeon opened her arms and hugged her warmly, she suddenly let it all out, her tears wetting the blonde's shoulder.

Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's back soothingly and whispered calming, comforting words. She said she understood because she, too, lost a pet many years ago and had cried all day about it.

When Tiffany was done crying, she shyly apologized and tried to fix her messy hair and make-up. This Taeyeon found so adorable that she could barely stop herself from kissing Tiffany's cheek. But, luckily, her tremendous self-control didn't fail her.

She places her glass on the kitchen counter when the phone rings and calmly lifts the receiver. "Hello?"

"Hi!" greets Tiffany cheerfully. Their constant phone conversations have erased the need for them to introduce themselves. They know each other's voice well enough by now.

"Hi."

"Busy?"

"Not really. You? Done with everything?"

"Yeah. Wanna come over and have lunch with me? I made sandwiches."

"How can I refuse such a kind offer from such a great cook?" asks Taeyeon, grinning when she hears a faint chuckle from the other side of the line. "I'll be there in a jiffy."

"Alright. Just come on inside. I left the door open."

"Okay." Taeyeon hangs up and checks herself in the mirror before she leaves her house, whistling happily all the way next door.

She lets herself in and finds Tiffany setting two plates of sandwiches on the dining table along with two bottles of soda pop she recognizes to be her favorite.

"You got my favorite pop!" she exclaims.

Tiffany looks up and smiles. "Consider it a reward for your constant cooking improvement."

"Thank you."

"Have a seat and let's eat!"

Taeyeon insists on washing the dishes after lunch and Tiffany lets her.

Their conversations keep flowing with Tiffany never leaving Taeyeon's side.

"I wanna show you something," Tiffany says after Taeyeon's finished drying her hands. She grabs Taeyeon's hand, surprising the latter, and pulls her towards the living room.

She tells Taeyeon to sit on the couch while she rushes upstairs to get something.

Taeyeon doesn't know what to expect so she just sits there calmly, waiting for the very excited Tiffany to return.