Chapter 3

|Author's Note|

Hello, My lovely readers!
I decided I will be updating this story 1 Chapter every Week on Friday! That way I can also focus on writing my other stories. (( The fact that I have more unwritten stories than friends says a lot about me)) *facepalms* Well anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Let me know if there are any mistakes! My grammar is horrible. Lots of Love!

Ember Wolf

~

The entire ride back to the castle was silent. You could cut the tension with a knife. It was clear to Eva that the Prince could be her mate. She was showing all the symptoms based on all the books she read. What she couldn't understand was the fact that he had yet to say anything. Maybe he wasn't her mate? That still didn't explain the way he made her feel just by being close to her. Something was definitely off.

Why hadn't he said or done anything? Usually, wolves with higher rankings became much more possessive.  Surely if Eva was his mate he would say something... no?

Alana knew something was wrong. Sure Eva was shy and everything but she was never this quiet. Alana kept her guard up. She didn't fully trust the prince. He gave her weird vibes.

Alana dared not to say anything. No matter how bad she wanted to comment on her best friends attitude at this moment. She didn't want to draw attention to her best friend.

No one could sense Eva's inner turmoil like her mate could. Prince Cole said nothing to even hint at the possibility of Eva being his mate. Surely the mood goddess wouldn't be so cruel as to grant him a vampire mate. A BLIND vampire mate at that. This had to be a mistake. SHE was a mistake.

There was no way in hell he would accept something defective.  He was a prince after all. He had higher standards.

He decided not to say anything on the matter. As long as he kept his mouth shut no one would know. He was sure that the Vampire would keep her mouth shut. She probably had no idea.

A part of him... the weaker part wanted to accept her. To love her, to cherish her, but he made sure that part of him was caged up deep in his soul. Never to see the light of day.

He was NOT weak he was strong and he DESERVED a strong mate.

As the car drew closer to the castle the prince decided to do something he knew would benefit them both. If he rejected her the moon Goddess would grant him a second chance mate. Surely a prince had a second mate. He was a prince after all and Eva could go and live her life with her 'Pack'.

Now that he thought about it. Maybe keeping Eva at the castle wasn't such a bad idea. He could mate her as much as he needed until his second chance mate came into the picture. Then he could send Eva back home.

The prince smiled proudly at his plan. He had thought of everything. Eva wouldn't reject him she needed him. He was a prince and could give her anything she desired. Anything but his love for her.

The car slowed down and eventually came to a full stop. The doors were opened from the outside by the guards and everyone climbed out. As the prince climbed out of the car he caught a whiff of Eva's scent. She had a sweet scent that made him weak to the knees.

The prince hated the fact that Eva had so much control over him. He had to deal with this mate business as soon as possible. No one could have so much control over him. He was above everyone and he would be damned if he let anyone rule over him.