Chapter 66

*** Brandon ***

Its been two months! Two hole frikin months!

Bailey is dead inside and I'm not doing any better. Every day Brodie asks were she is and it hurts, it hurts to tell him that she is on holiday.

For the first week Bailey and i stayed at the hospital and didn't leave but mum got a letter from the government saying we had to go back to school.

The first days were hard. Everyone ran up to us in the hall ways asking about Summer, of course we didn't say anything but it hurt.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays are the hardest. She is my best friend you know? Do you know what that's like? Seeing your best friend laying in a hospital bed feeling completely helpless.

Some of the guys push me around and take the mick because i have gone all quite and soft.

Everyday after school is the same. Bailey, Lily, Molly and i would meet me at the bus stop were we would catch a ride to the hospital and stay there until we were kicked out.

"She'll make it you know" i whisper rubbing her hand between mine.

"Huh?" he asks bringing his head up from her arm.

"Well she isn't gonna give up. She has got to much to lose."

He gives me a small smile before turning his head to her.

We say nothing.

For the fist time in two months i get a proper look at my older brother. His cheeks are tear stained, his eyes are blood shot, he has no colour in his cheeks, his blue eyes have turned grey and his hair has gone limp.

*** Bailey ****

Mum has practically forced us to go to school. Everyday I'll go to the hospital with Brandon, Molly and Lily.

I fell so bad for Molly. I can't look he in the eye. Everything about her reminds me of Summer. I have said sorry but she understands.

Right now I'm in English staring out the window. I have been getting in a lot of trouble recently for not paying attention, but can you blame me?

"Mr McConnell!" Miss Andrews snaps. I'm never normally like this. Miss Andrews is my favorite teacher.
"Sorry Miss." i mumble. 

"See me after class." she says then turns back to the lesson. 

Once the bell rings signaling last lesson i puck my stuff up and walk to the front of the class were miss' desk was.

"What's wrong Bailey? There has been nothing but complaint about you in the staff room for not paying attention" she says in a calmer voice.

"Just, it doesn't matter." i say.

"Bailey what's wrong?" she asks aging. I look at the floor pushing back the tears.

"Its just, my girlfriend. She is in a coma. She has been for 2 months missing Christmas and new years. Its January now and what happens if she isn't awake in 2 months from now? Dose that mean i will miss our tour?" i pour out.

"Oh Bailey. I am sorry. No one was aware." she says rubbing the side of my arm.

"Can i go now please miss?" i ask.

"Yes of course."

I walk out of the quite class room and into a loud busy hall were i see some kid picking on Brandon and pushing him to the floor.

"little pussy sat there crying in class." the kid shouts at Brandon who was now sat on the floor with his knees to his chest having an anxiety attack.