➪ battle of the sexists

"Uncle Red

"Uncle Red... you really don't have to do this." Brandy practically begged, seeing the aging man taking apart the dressers. "I'm fine with everything."

"No, you're apart of the family and I'll be damned if you get a half assed room."
"I can at least help-"
"No no, I'll be fine." Red assured. Brandy bit her lip nervously, hoping he wouldn't find the secret stash of alcohol in her closet. To be fair, she put it the attic as her closet had a panel that led to it. "Why don't you go downstairs with the kids?"

"I actually have work, Small Fry's called back." Brandy grinned. "I get my uniform today."
"Well hey, I'm proud of you. Taking initiative." Brandy beamed at the compliment. She hadn't heard those words aimed towards her in.... well ever. 'I'm proud of you.' She couldn't stop replaying it. "Now get out of your room." Red demanded, back to his tough loving self. He glanced at the girl, seeing the glow that fell over her before she left for work.

Red was genuinely proud the young girl, she hadn't shown one sign of weakness upon her stay and did as asked. She helped Kitty in the kitchen, helped Red with chores, kept up her grades, and listened. Brandy seemed to be the perfect kid.

Brandy bounded down the stair with the same grin on her face. When she headed to the basement door to ask for Eric's keys, she was amused upon hearing the conversation between Kelso, Hyde, and Eric.

"No way Brandy's boobs are bigger than Pam's"
"Yes, but Brandy's breasts look better in comparison to Pam's."
"Guys, this is my cousin."

Quickly she ran down the stairs to the on edge boys, who looked at her nervously. "Oh h-hey Brandy." Kelso stammered. "We were just talking about the...uh...New Testament."

"Well I think the New Testament is better in comparison to the Old." She teased looking at Hyde who averted his stare. The guys, knowing they had been caught all shrunk into their seats. "You guys, I don't care." She laughed breezily. "It's not a big deal. Hey Eric, you mind if I borrow the Cruiser?"

"For what?"
"My first day of work." Brandy explained. Eric eyed her warily, hesitant to give anyone the keys to what was basically his child. "Come on, please! I have my license, I'll top off on gas, I'll swear it'll be fine."

"If there is one scratch-"

Red came through the door, rolling his eyes at the scene. Somehow, Red knew everything and no one seemed to question it anymore. "Eric, give the keys to your cousin before I stick my foot in your ass." Red ordered. Eric sighed in defeat, tossing the keys to his smug cousin. "Here Brandy, I doubt there's any gas in it." Red handed her fifteen dollars.

"Dad!" Eric scoffed as his friends snickered beside him.
"Eric, she's going somewhere with a purpose. You just waste time and lallygag. Good luck at work, sweetie."
"Thanks Uncle Red!" She smiled with the worlds most innocent grin, leaving just after Red did, only turning to stick her tongue out at Eric.