2) The biggest lead

You were five minutes in digging into all the locations the Rush-girl had showed up at, when a pang sounded in the room. You looked up at the screen curiously, peripherally seeing the others doing the same.

Your eyes widened as another dot appeared on the map. The strangest thing was that while all other locations were marked red, this one was marked blue.

"The hell...?" Clint questioned, sounding as confused as the rest of you.

The door into the conference room flew open, revealing no one but Tony again.

"Hello, my friends."

"I thought you had a place to be," Sam noted sarcastically, his gaze returning to the screen again.

Tony scoffed. "I did. Now I have to be here for my big reveal."

"Which is?" you asked, slightly annoyed. Okay, more than slightly. One look towards Steve told you he felt the same; Tony was keeping secrets. Again. That was never good.

"Avengers, I present you – our Rush-girl's current position!" Tony called out ceremonially, grinning.

Your heart skipped a beat. Her... what? How? How could he possibly-?

"What do you mean?" Steve demanded, rising from his chair.

"What I said, Rogers. I put a tracker on her. It was supposed to activate after an hour, so she wouldn't notice it immediately. It's an hour, so here we go."

He emphasized the last sentence with a clap of his hand, gesturing towards the map.

The room fell silent apart from the quiet beeping, still announcing the address. Everyone was staring, clearly too confused and too sceptical to speak up.

To be honest, you were sceptical too. The girl had been on your radar for three weeks and just now, Tony miraculously placed a tracker on her? Just like that? What kind of a deal with the devil had he made? And you meant the actual Devil not Matt, you had handled that one – not that Matt had been any help in this particular case. His ears actually hurt when he once hurt the supersonic speed.

Tony watched you back, his eyebrow raised cockily. You scanned the room, seeing no one was about to break the silence. You sighed. It seemed you were about to be the one to humour the billionaire.

Just at that thought, you sighed again and rolled your eyes. Tony's face lit up in response as he recognized your breaking point.

"Alright, genius. How did you place a tra-"

"I'm so glad you asked!" he cheered like a freaking five-year-old and approached the screen rapidly, only to start a new hologram next to it. Some numbers, diagrams and schemes appeared, not hinting you at all what he was about to tell you.

Great.

"So, as you probably know, I tried to bug her before." Collective eye-roll, not one verbal answer. "But. Our Speedy was just too fast, escaping."

"Right. You could almost say she was rushing away," Clint noted, earning a glare from Natasha. Tony snickered and held out a hand for a high-five. Clint happily obliged.

"Go on," Bucky offered with a sigh. "How did you manage to match her speed?"

Tony grinned. "That's it. I didn't. I just figured that even a hummingbird like herself had to stop at some point."

"Alright, this is a good one, I give you that," Natasha noted and you snorted. She wasn't wrong.

"Okay. And?" Steve urged, shooting you a betrayed look for falling for Tony's jokes. Ever the serious one.