hey im back what?

"I'm not saying Lilo and Stitch was a bad show," Thomas Jefferson insisted, shoveling another fork full of macaroni and cheese into his mouth as he flipped through TV channels. Aaron was making himself a salad in the kitchen and James Madison was making a cocoon of pillows and blankets in his favorite chair. "I'm just saying I never cared for it as a kid. I wasn't interested."

James snapped, "That's because you're a communist." The three boys had a movie night once a month. Even though this was only their second month doing that tradition, they treated it like a sacred ritual for the Gods. Or at least, Aaron and James did. Thomas on the other hand had only remembered about it that morning. So now he was flipping through channels to find a good movie.

Aaron had hosted the first movie night, shockingly, and took great care in picking a movie the three of them would enjoy, cooking food and appetizers, buying lots of different soda, and cleaning his entire house. So he was a little salty about the fact that Thomas told them to bring their own blankets and to excuse the mess that his house was in. It wasn't extremely messy though, which was good. He sighed, "Thomas, James, I'm sure we can all agree that Lilo and Stitch is just a TV show and we don't have to get in an argument."

"Just a show?" James whined, "Just a show?! Have you even watched the masterpiece that is Lilo and Stitch?!" Aaron came over with his little bowl of salad. He crunch. Jefferson went to on demand with a grunt of disapproval at what it had to offer him in movies. James was very excited for when movie night was at his house. He already had a theme, recipes saved on Pinterest, decorations ordered, and some extra stuff that was very important for the movie night. But, sadly, it wasn't his turn yet. No, he was stuck at Jefferson's already ten minutes into movie night and watching nothing interesting.

Aaron sighed, "Thomas, you've known for a month that the movie night was going to be tonight at your house. What happened?"

"A month went by waaaaaaay too fast, Aaron." Jefferson tossed the remote aside and got up, searching for the Netflix remote. James was one step ahead though, already getting onto Netflix and looking through the movie selections. Thomas whined, "I'm supposed to choose the movie!"

James said calmly, "I know. But you waited the entire month before preparing for this. So, therefore, the duty goes to somebody else."

Aaron suggested, "How about a horror movie?"

"No thanks." Jefferson said quickly, grabbing a pillow. "Um, James doesn't like scary movies."

"Are you kidding?" James chuckled, "I love scary movies, Thomas." He sniffled and wiped his nose with his coat sleeve. Jefferson sunk in his seat as Aaron scrolled through titles. Even the covers of the movies freaked Jefferson out. After a few more minutes of looking through movies, all they could agree on was that all three of them were terrified of spiders and bugs (Aaron being the least scared, James the most).

Jefferson lied on the floor, staring at the ceiling in agony. "What are we gonna do?! This movie nights gonna be wasted!" He cried.

Aaron sighed, "We could always watch something we've already seen."

Suddenly, James found the perfect movie on Netflix. He selected it and got up. "We're watching this whether you guys like it or not. I'm grabbing popcorn and when I come back you all better be comfortably on the floor."

Thomas stared at the movie choice. "Fault in our Stars?" He groaned, "That of all romantic movies?" James was already in the kitchen and getting stuff together. Aaron shrugged and made himself a spot on the floor. He crunched some more on his salad.

"It's a little sad, but I'll watch it." Aaron said, patting the spot next to him for Thomas to sit down. He scoffed, but sat next to Aaron. The Fault in our Stars was way too depressing for Jefferson's tastes. He preferred action or sci-fy or literally anything else that was interesting. James came back into the living room and curled up in three blankets and two pillows. He pressed play.

One hour later the group was leaning on each other and curled up, trying not to let emotions show as they quietly pass around the box of tissues. Most of them were being used up because of James's cold. Thomas mumbled, "Why is this movie so depressing? How cold are directors' hearts these days?" Aaron sniffled and quickly grabbed a tissue, wiping his eyes and nose before focusing on the screen again.

Two hours later the movie was over and the three are cuddled up on each other. Aaron was in Jefferson's lap, fast asleep and wrapped up in a blanket. James had his head against Jefferson's shoulder, sniffling and crying still over the ending. Thomas yawned and wiped his eyes. "That was a good movie." He mumbled, standing up with Aaron in his arms. He carefully set Aaron down in a chair and put a blanket over him. Then he took all the dirty dishes to the kitchen.

James picked up Aaron and sat down, holding Aaron in his lap so he could cuddle him. Aaron mumbled something under his breath before nuzzling James's chest. Thomas asked from the kitchen, "Are you guys gonna head home or are you staying over here?"

"Staying." James mumbled, "We're staying." Thomas came over to the couch and waited for them to move over.

Once they did, Jefferson pulled both of them into his arms and muttered, "Good."