To be Hokage; That is my Dream-ish...

It was one of the more quiet and normal days in Konoha. The only noises were the faint talk of civilians to shopkeeps, and, of course, Rock Lee and Might Guy training. Other than that, there was a peaceful silence.

Naruto was sitting down on the railing of a red bridge that extended over one of Konoha's many rivers. He wasn't his 'usual' happy, loud, and obnoxious self. He was quiet and reserved. He saved his glares for his reflection in the water. He could stare blankly into his dull blue eyes forever, seemingly lost in them. This is how he really was. It's just that he didn't let people see this side of him. They were likely to continue bashing on him and more likely to kill him. He didn't want people seeing him as even more of a threat. That's just how it was.

Meanwhile, other places in the village, specifically the Hokage Tower, Tsunade Senju, the current and 5th Hokage, was finishing up the details for a new mission. It would involve the Konoha 12, the youngest and most promising young shinobi. This group consisted of: Neji Hyuga, Rock Lee, Tenten, Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, Ino Yamanaka, Hinata Hyuga, Shino Aburame, Kiba Inuzuka, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke Uchiha, and Naruto Uzumaki-Namikaze who went by strictly Naruto Uzumaki.

The assignment waiting for the young ninja was a service opportunity for the village's ally, Sunagakure. It wasn't much work but still necessary for the foundations of a good friendship between the nations. There was no rush, so the Hokage woman had also planned places for them to stay while they waited. It would be a good bonding opportunity, she thought.

Soon enough, the Rookie 9 and Team 13, which completed the Konoha 12, and their sensei entered the Office. It was October 3rd and Naruto was feeling angsty with his birthday in exactly a week. It's not that he was excited, he was scared. See, the boy was the container of a chakra being that had killed many Konoha shinobi years back and people have started to hunt him down to abuse and hurt him, purposely. It was always worse on his birthday. They called it the 'Kyuubi Hunt'. The boy had been going through it for all 12 years of his life, and the attacks just get harsher and harsher. That's why he wasn't exactly stoked for his birthday to come around, but little did he know, he wouldn't even be in the village to 'celebrate' it.

"Hey, Granny. What's this about a new mission? I hope it's not another stupid D rank." he began very disrespectfully, mush to his despise, but he needed to keep a mask of ignorance in front of others. He looked lazy, hair uncombed and untamed, and was wearing a criminally bright orange outfit complete with matching ugly pants and a jacket to go over his fishnet shirt and the first Hokage's necklace. He was really pulling off the 'dumb' look.

Tsunade smiled as the brat always brightened up her day then continued. "No, brat, it's a C rank." she stated, much to the false amusement of the boy. "This is awesome, y'know! Finally a higher rank mission for a higher rank shinobi like me." he exclaimed, excelling at sounding immature, and dreading every second of it. His teammate, Sakura saw this and yelled at him. "Shutup, Baka Naruto. Cha, damn it!" then she punched him 'hard' on the head. "Ahh, Sakura-chaaaaannnn, that huuuurtttt..." Naruto falsely complained as he held his head in 'pain'. The kunoichi just smirked at this and inwardly congratulated herself. 

Meanwhile, the rest of the Konoha 12 deadpanned.

The boy 'recovered' and began again. "So, Granny, what kind of mission is this alleged 'C rank'." he questioned, making everyone else uninformed in the room curious. "It's a simple mission. It's to expand our relations with Suna. We don't need another of the chunnin exams. When you get there, the children of the Kazekage have volunteered their time to show you around, so, especially you Naruto, be respectful." Tsunade explained, much to the dismay of Naruto. "But, Granny, that sounds boooring. Can't the other teams take that mission and Team 7 goes on a different and better one." he complained. "There are no shortcuts to becoming Hokage, Naruto. Don't you want to be Hokage someday?" she questioned, teasing the Uzumaki. 

Naruto went silent for a while. So long a while that everyone got suspicious. Was he really doubting his 'dream' of being Hokage? 

In reality, Naruto was deciding what to say. He knew that he didn't really want to be Hokage, but he also didn't need others knowing that. 'Come on, kit. Just tell 'em.' Kurama, the Kyuubi, begged of the young boy. 'Most definitely not! Then they'll just start to ask questions. Questions that are NOT welcome.'  Naruto defended. 'You don't know that. They might accept you. Now, stop being so afraid of the worst and tell them. And while you're at it, drop the act and tell them everything. It might be nice to get it off your chest, kit. You've been bearing it since the Academy. 7 years ago. It's been too long. They should know.' Kurama defended. 'And what the hell do you know, stinkin fox?' Naruto insulted, although Kurama knew he didn't mean it, earning a smirk of the chakra being. 'I know that when you were  7 you peed yourself when Iruka yelled at you for being late. Then you ran back out the classroom to change where nobody could see you.' 'Shut it, Kura. I don't need this right now.' 

"to, -uto, -ruto, -aruto, NARUTO!" the blonde heard as he was shaken from his conversation in the mindscape. The shaking was all too familiar. The villagers shook him as they screamed at him and punched him in the face repeatedly. It made the boy involuntarily break down into tears as defensively put his hands on his face. "Please, don't hurt me. I-I do-don't know what I did wrong!" Everyone was confused, besides Kakashi and Tsunade. They knew what had gone about in the boy's life. "Okay, my cute little genin, and Shikamaru, back up." Kakashi advised in a way that didn't seem like a question as he sat Naruto up and rubbed circles on his back. The boy looked up at the familiar face. "I-Inu-san?" he mumbled, calming at the familiar face as Kakashi slowly nodded. "Calm down now, Naru. They aren't here. They aren't going to hurt you now." the silver haired jonin soothed. This seemed to help as Naruto calmed down.

Gai, Asuma, and Kurenai were shocked. This boy knew Kakashi's ANBU name? And Kakashi was neither shocked nor mad, but soothing the boy! The 10 genin and the one chunin were shocked at how he was crying. Why was he crying? Nothing happened? And why did he say 'Please, don't hurt me.'? These were only the more pressing questions.

Tsunade noticed everyone getting curious and decided to step in. "Okay, meeting adjourned. Meet up in an hour at the gates." Everyone responded with a hesitant "Hai" not wanting to leave. But, they left anyways.

The Konoha 12-well 11, were walking out. Naruto and Kakashi had stayed back in the Office while everyone else had to leave. They were curious. They couldn't help it. Ino was the first to speak up. "So, what do you think that was about?" she questioned. Sasuke spoke next. "I don't know. I was just waking the dobe up from his trance and he started crying." "Not to mention the fact that he hesitated about being Hokage. Normally he would've went off on a tangent." Neji stated, matter of factly. Everyone was quiet for a minute and let it linger in their minds. "I don't know what it is, but it's troublesome. I hope he doesn't act like this the entire trip." Shikamaru stated and everyone soon agreed.

Meanwhile, in the Hokage's Office, Naruto had just calmed down a little to the point that he was now only slightly shaking. Kakashi sat by him, just to give the boy reassurance, and Tsunade was mad. Not at Naruto, but at the villagers. But since she was the Hokage, she couldn't destroy her own village. "Damn the stupid villagers. They're so fucking blind. This kid is pure and innocent. He's not the Kyuubi. He's just a boy." she cussed.

But little did she know just how blind she was herself to the young boy.

Did you all enjoy? Make sure to comment and vote. Also, a little follow wouldn't hurt either.

So, first chapter guys. 1.4K words. Not my longest chapter, but definitely not my shortest. I really like this story, I saw a story similar to this on too long ago and wanted to try it out with my own reversion. I hope you guys really like it, and don't forget to vote and follow me.

Anyways,

Ttyl my little readers.