Chapter 15

I can not thank you guys enough for all the love and support you guys have showed me. I went from 31k to 103k and it's unbelievable. This story is #8 in mean. During this three week quarantine I plan on updating a little more for you guys who really like these chapters. I started writing this this in 2017 which made me 14. I'm currently 17 and as I read the chapters before I don't feel connected to them like I should. I will finish this book out, but I also plan to write a new and improved story that isn't as cliche as the past ones I've written. Thanks again guys and I hope you enjoy these upcoming chapters.
~~~
(Not Edited)

(Trigger warning. Mentions ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️suicide, bullying, and harassment ⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️)

I scrunched my eyebrows and sat up in the bed trying to hear better. Sighing I got up from my bed and went back out to the hallway. As I neared Cole's door the sound became more clear.

Widening my eyes I was surprised to hear that the noise was Cole crying. Cole doesn't strike me as the crying type which only worried me more. He has to be crying for something serious.

Slowly walking in I spot him on the ground staring at something in his hands. "Hey," I said quietly while walking in a little further. "What has you sad?"

His gaze snapped to mine and a scowl reached his face, "You don't deserve to know. I thought we had this conversation in the hall"

Looking down I sighed, this story he doesn't want to tell me must be very intense. Especially since he is crying over it, "Look Cole, I'm sorry I've been insensitive about this whole situation, but you have to try and understand where I'm coming from. Like all my emotions have been shaken around by you, so when I said what I said I was just trying to make you upset like you've made me," I stopped before continuing, "I think we all know, wether I like it or not, I'm always going to be interested in what you say."

Rolling his eyes he stretched out his arm to give me what was in his hand. Taking it in mine I looked down at the photo. It was of a beautiful girl and a younger looking Cole. They both look about 16 and 15 years old. "Who is this Cole?" I asked brining my eyes back up to his.

"Her name was Desiree. She was my best friend for years, my girlfriend for one. She was the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She was always so sweet and caring and never thought bad about anyone. The only person she thought bad about was herself" He said his voice cracking at the end of his sentence. He reached his hands up to his eyes and angrily wiped the fallen tears from his face.

Looking back down at the photo I noticed how happy she looked to be beside Cole. They both genuinely looked happy together. "What happened to her Cole?" I asked scooting closer to him to provide some sort of comfort.

"I happened! All because of me she-" he said getting choked up, "She killed herself because of me." And just like that he started bawling. I've never seen him so vulnerable.

"Cole, what are you talking about?" I asked softly, "There is no way she killed herself because of you."

"When she started dating me, it seemed like everyone hated her. It seemed like I was her only friend. I knew she was depressed and I always tried to do whatever I could to help, but one night," he paused catching the fallen tears, "One night we got into this fight. I wanted to go out and party, but she didn't want to. We both got invited which wasn't usual because everyone disliked her. So, I wanted to take this as an opportunity to make her new friends."   Looking up he put on a sad smile, "I just wanted her to be happy. But when we got to the party something was off."

"People were looking at her weirdly and and whispering. It didn't feel right. About thirty minutes later I had lost her and I didn't know where she went. So I went searching until I finally found her surrounded by a group of guys out back. They were shoving cameras in her face and dumping their drinks on her. The girls were calling her a 'slüt' and 'whore'. They were watching her cry and didn't care." He said as he wiped another tear. The more he talked the angrier her sounded. And as I listened to the story I was getting angry too. "So, I got angry. I beat the shit out of the guys surrounding her and threatened the girls that were encouraging it. I didn't care. I then picked her up and took her home. She took a shower and assured me she was okay. I should have known she was lying! She had depression ever since I met her but I thought she was better. I was wrong. The next day her mom called and told me she found her dead in the bathroom. Because of dating me she dealt with so much, but she couldn't do it anymore. I would have done anything for her."

I can see why he didn't think he could tell me, "Was one of the guys doing that stuff to her Brady?" I asked remembering the fight they got into earlier. It would only make sense. Brady did mention Desiree and when he did Cole instantly got mad. "Yes, that's why I got so mad at you for hanging out with him. I'm sorry. You didn't know so I shouldn't have yelled at you like I did"

Shaking my head I sighed. If I ever saw anything romantic happening with Brady it was gone now, "Cole I want you to know this is not your fault. It's the kids at your schools fault. It's the depressions fault, but it's not yours. You loved her and cared about her deeply Cole and she knew that. Sometimes depression has a way to take over your mind. And that's what happened to Desiree. I'm so sorry this happened to you and I'm so sorry she had to go through everything she went through, but there is nothing you can do about it now. Stop blaming yourself Cole. It's not going to bring her back." I said hoping I could get through to him. It killed me to see him like this. He then looked up at me with pure sadness in his eyes. Slowly he reached his hand over to mine and squeezed it.

"Thank you so much Emily. I really mean that."

~~~
I am so sorry for not updating more guys. Seeing how well my story is doing makes me really want to, but I hate how I started the story off. There are so many plot holes and I just want to start it all over!!!! But I'm not going to do if you guys want to continue the story sorry if I screw up something I said before sorry!