At the Movies(Part I)

Our hands just touched, I thought to myself as I quickly pulled my butter-covered hand out of the popcorn nestled between Kim's strong thighs, heat immediately causing my face to turn red. Luckily, the lights in the theatre had already been dimmed for the previews to begin, meaning he had no way of knowing how much I was blushing.

'He' being my life-long best friend; the beautiful and incomparable Kim. Ever since we met, back when I moved next door to him, we've been close. Like really close; meaning I'm the one he called whenever a girlfriend broke up with him or more recently each time Chloe rejected his flirtations. And each time his heart is displaced, Kim and I end up back in this theatre; right back in these seats. 

Now, don't get me wrong, he's got other really good friends--like Max and Marinette--but Kim and I go waaayyy back. Plus, it's just different with us...Or maybe I'm the only one who thinks that...

I've always thought Kim was handsome, but I never got the feeling he saw me that way also. So I've been trying my best to just bury the attraction.

...Trying....

Shoveling the fistful of popcorn into my mouth mercilessly, I tried to focus on the previews and not on Kim. After a moment of chewing the insane amount of popcorn I had just regretfully shoved in my mouth, I was thirsty. Without taking my eyes off of the screen, I reached for the straw of my drink.

In the dark, my hand grazed against something soft and supple at the top of my straw causing me to glance over to see Kim attached to it. As I quickly withdrew my hand, he swallowed the large mouthful of soda, and smiled at me before leaning over to say in a pretty loud whisper, "Sorry, (Y/N), but I kinda drank all of mine...and maybe most of yours."

"I can see that you big dork, but my question is; why didn't you just go and get more instead of drinking mine? We got these ridiculously large cups because you said we'd be able to get free refills."

With the flash of light from the current preview, I could see his face redden. "Yeah...About that? Honestly, I may have been a little too lazy to get up..." 

I sighed, shaking my head with a small smile. "Guess I'll get em." 

I braced myself to stand but felt a strong hand on my shoulder. I looked over again to see a guilty look on Kim's face. He stood up quickly and grabbed both cups in one fluid motion. "Don't you dare. This movie is my treat after all. I'll be right back."

As he slid past me he stopped in the aisle, leaning intimately over me, "And (Y/N)?"

I stared at him just inches from my face, his enticing and familiar scent filling my nostrils. I could physically feel my breath catch as I scanned his face and hope it wasn't as obvious to him. He simply smirked and I felt my heart skip a beat, "Time me?"

 I let out a sigh, "Huh?"

"I wanna make sure I'm back before the previews ends. I've been doing so much cardio, it should be a breeze. Ready?"

He winked nonchalantly at me and began jogging lightly down the aisle. And despite my disappointment, I still couldn't help but stare at his butt jiggle as he vanished from the theatre. It was so cute... 

Contrary to what anyone may believe, his perky buttocks certainly wasn't the only reason I fell so hard for him....Kim is unlike any guy I have ever had any sort of feelings for before. The list isn't too long to go in depth or anything, but the few little bullet points are his hair, his kind eyes, his strong arms, and on the less superficial front; his personality.

I was with him when he decided to take the dive and dye his hair, and I remember that the usually unflappable Kim was so nervous when it was done that no one would like it...It was one of the few moments when his walls went down, and I saw the tender heart he hid underneath that beautiful jock exterior.

A lot of people could look at Kim and not see just how endearing he is. When you mean something to him, he'll go out of his way to protect you. No matter what. 

The perfect example being, when I came out to him. I'm still kind of closeted, but a few important people know. But at the time, no one knew. And I was dating a guy on the downlow from another school. Naive, I thought I was in love--or at least I was invested enough to forget about my feelings for Kim.

Yet, when the guy broke my heart Kim was the only person I went to. We sat in his room in silence for a little while, him eyeing me suspiciously. Although usually oblivious, Kim was keenly aware that something was wrong. And when I finally broke, I told him everything. I came out to him and dumped all my boy trouble on him in one fell swoop, in tears the entire time. 

 I remember he just stared at me for a long moment, the silence filling the room. I was horrified I ruined everything, until his strong arms enveloped me in a tight embrace, and he whispered gently to me, "Don't you dare cry. He doesn't deserve you. And if I ever find out who he is, I'll never let him forget that."

"Aaand I'm back." A panting Kim broke me out of my thoughts, "I even managed to get back here without any spillage, (Y/N)."

As he squeezed past me to return to his seat, he gently placed our drinks in their respective cup-holders. Kim plopped down beside me just as the movie started. He smiled at me in the dark, "Sick! That's gotta be some kind of record, right?"

"Uh...maybe? " I tried to shake all my remaining thoughts. "You did great."

He grinned widely, "Perfect."

Yup...You are perfect...