moving on

It was 8 o'clock the next day and I heard a honk outside my door. I look out the window expecting chase. I looked out and seen Maverick in his car. I think he's alone. I thought to myself. I walked out and went to the car. He rolled down the window. "What's up?" I asked leaning on the door. "There's something wrong with cash." He said tears in his eyes.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"I don't know he just keeps asking for you. He won't let us call the ambulance or anything."
He told me. I jumped in the passenger seat. "Here we go again." I whispered.
Maverick spun out of the drive way and speed down the road. I texted chase that I couldn't go out tonight and maybe we could go another night. He said sure and I turned off my phone. Maverick braked quickly outside of his house. I jumped out and went inside. I heard cash screaming upstairs. I ran upstairs to see him on his bed crying. I ran over to him. "Cash!" I said running over to him.
He quickly wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I was taken back by this. "What's wrong?" I asked pushing him back. His eyes were red and swollen from all the crying.
I looked over at the wall and seen a whole in the wall. I looked at his hand and it was bleeding.
"What did you do?" I asked grabbing his hand. He looked at his hand and then looked at the wall.
"I-I don't know." He said shaking his head. "How do you not know?!"
I dropped his hand.
"I don't remember." He looked at me confused.
"MAVERICK GET ME THE FIRST AID KIT!" I screamed. "What did I do?" He asked me. "I don't know." I told him.
"Did I hurt you?" He asked.
"No?" I said confused. Maverick was in the room with the first aid kit in a couple of minutes. I grabbed it from him. "Go downstairs." I told Maverick. He said nothing and went down stairs. "Give me your hand."
He hesitated. "Give me your hand!" He didn't hesitate this time. I put his hand on my lap and opened the first aid kit. I started to put poroxide on his cuts. "I'm sorry." He said.
"For what?" I asked.
"For getting in the way of your date." He said frowning.
"How did you know about that?"
"I have my sources." He smiled.
"What happened when you got home?" I asked sincerely.
"Well I got home and started crying-"
"Why?" I cut him off.
He didn't say anything.
"Why?" I asked again.
"Because I seen you with another guy."
He whispered.
"I seen you with another girl." I said. He looked up and he was crying. I rolled my eyes.
"You said we were moving on." As I went to clean his cut he moved his hand away. I looked up at him. His breathing got heavy. "I know."
"Calm down." I put my hand on his chest trying to stable his breathing.
"I just didn't want to hurt you anymore."
"You weren't hurting me." I told him.
He just looked away. "Look at me." He turned his head. "You didn't hurt me."
He rolled his eyes. I turned his head towards me
"You hurt me when you broke up with me. You hurt me by hugging Hannah."
"I'm sorry. And I didn't hug Hannah. She hugged me." I rolled my eyes again.
"I don't care who hugged who."
He frowned. "I care about what the hug meant to you."
"Nothing, it meant nothing." He said quickly. "Okay." I smiled. I started to put Band-Aids on his hand. I looked at his lip and there was a giant cut in it. "What did you do here?" I asked looking at it. He wiped his lip. "I don't know." He said confused.
I took a cotton round and patted the cut. "Ow." He said pulling away
I pulled his head forward. "Stop being a wuss." I said trying to lighten the mood. He laughed. "That is really rough." He said pointing at the cotton round. "Well what do you want me to do?" I asked. "Use something softer." He said. "Like?" I asked. "I know!"
"What?" I laughed. He grabbed my face and kissed me. I pulled away.
"Wow, how cleche." I laughed.
He blushed.