Chapter 4: Diagnosed

A/N

(Sorry for not putting the title at the top, I just discovered now!)

Following my schedule, I present to you another chapter! I hope you'll enjoy it. Have a beautiful day or rest for the night. 💜SARANHAE💜

"We've arrived. Can you carry Jungkook inside?" Namjoon asked with a worried tone. "I don't want anything to happen to our baby, so yes, i can carry him just fine." Jin said trying not to snap at his dongsaeng out of worry and frustration for Jungkook.

He, Yoongi and Namjoon had jumped into Namjoon's car as soon as they arrived at their dorms, wanting to go to the hospital immediately, but, as expected, the others wanted to come as well and asked questions as they had no idea what happened to Jungkook.

It was understandable as Jin was as worried as the others, but he told them as patiently as he could to wait inside the dorm for now as it would be to much for both Jungkook and the personnel at the hospital if they came with all seven, half of them only being extremely curious and worried about their maknae's condition.

After minutes of Jin trying to explain the situation to the others while getting more and more annoyed with them, Yoongi stepped up and forcefully pushed them inside the dorm while scolding them for not listening to their hyung. They knew better than to go against Yoongi, as experiencing him being furious was something neither of them wanted to experience ever again.

So finally, here they were, at the front of the hospital and running to the reception as Jungkook only became worse during the car ride, having his body shrink into itself as he whimpered and clutched his stomach from the nausea he was experiencing.

💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟

Yoongi was the first to arrive at the reception. "Can i... please see a doctor? My friend collapsed... a little while ago and... we don't know why." He explained while panting in between words, turning his head as the others arrived with a crying Jungkook in Jin's arms.

The receptionist nodded as soon as she saw the boys desperation and the sick, pale boy in one of their arms. "Of course, follow me, I'll take you to a private room." She instructed as she pulled out a device and typed a number on it and talked in it as she mentioned the others to follow her.

After a short but rushed walk, she opened one of the private hospital rooms and let the boys in. "Lay him on the bed please and try to comfort him as best as you can. The doctors will come in a few minutes. Do you want me to get you anything or to help you with something?" She asked. "No, but thank you for asking. We'll be fine." Yoongi responded and bowed slightly to her. The receptionist returned the gesture and wished them luck, then closed the door, leaving the four boys on their own.

Jin attempted to lay the still whimpering Jungkook gently on the bed, but he couldn't as Jungkook held onto his shirt for dear life, not wanting his hyung to leave. Namjoon and Yoongi decided to take a seat on the chairs next to the hospital bed and watched the two with worry filled hearts.

"Kookie, talk to me. Why won't you lay down?" Jin asked in a motherly tone. Jungkook just shook his head, squeezing his tear filled eyes together and groaned slightly. "Where does it hurt love?" Jin asked worriedly. Jungkook placed a trembling hand on his stomach, then weakly pointed at his head. "Hurts... a-aches..." He whispered and shrunk into himself again. "I see," Jin muttered. "Do you want me to hold you?" He asked. Jungkook opened his eyes and nodded quickly, holding onto his hyung ones more.

Jin smiled at him and picked the boy up again, before sitting on the bed himself as he placed Jungkook sideways between his legs. He pulled the younger's head to his chest and held him tightly, one hand holding his shoulder as the other played and pat his hair soothingly, which made the younger relax and leaning in on his hyung. There they waited for the doctors to come.

💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟

After a few minutes, the doors of the room opened, revealing a middle aged doctor who smiled at the boys. "Sorry it took so long. I had to diagnose a patient and it took longer then expected." He came in and closed the door behind him, grabbing a chair to sit in front of Jin and the now sleeping Jungkook, who let out soft snores.

He looked at him and frowned slightly while thinking, then he smiled and sat up. "I think i know what's wrong with him." He said and turned a bit to the other two. "You do? Already?" Namjoon asked in disbelief. "What's wrong then?" Yoongi asked impatiently.

"I'll begin with the fact that i have been Jungkook's doctor ever since he was a baby. I'm the brother of a friend of Jungkook's mom and I've been unknowingly assigned to be his doctor when he was born. When he was 13 years old and came to the hospital in Busan, where i worked at that time, he had a similar illness like this one, which is, from how i see and compare him to his younger self, a fever." He explained. "But I'll examine him either way, just to be sure it is indeed a fever and not something else." He continued as he stood up and grabbed a some instruments.

"Aha, that explains it." Namjoon said and smiled while Yoongi sat back in his chair and relaxed, watching the doctor turn to Jin and Jungkook again.

💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟

"Jin, i need you to wake up Jungkook if you don't mind." The doctor said to him. Jin nodded and carefully shook Jungkook, causing him to stir and slowly wake up. "Kookie, wake up. We're at the hospital now. You're doctor wants to examine you, just in case." He whispered to the boy, who blinked and yawned.

Jungkook looked up and faced his doctor, then he nodded and sat up with the help of his hyung. Jungkook sat still in between Jin's legs but now his back leaned on Jin's chest instead of his side. Jin had wrapped his arms loosely around Jungkook's waist and waited for the doctor to begin.

"Hi Kooks, remember me?" The doctor asked before grabbing a thermometer. Jungkook nodded sleepily as the face of the man wasn't vague but clear and recognizable now. "I do." He responded and smiled a bit. "It's not bad is it?" He asked worriedly. "I don't think so but then again, assuming something doesn't mean it's the correct diagnosis, is it?" The doctor responded in a joking tone. Jungkook nodded in approval and groaned when his stomach turned again.

"I'll try to make this as short as possible, i promise." He said and raised his hand with the thermometer between his fingers. "Can you open your mouth for me?" He asked. Jungkook opened it and lifted his tongue, knowing what his doctor wanted him to do. "Thank you, Kooks." He smiled and put the cold tip of the thermometer under his tongue. Jungkook flinched slightly at the cold sensation, feeling a little uncomfortable with it.

The doctor pulled the instrument out of Jungkook's mouth and read the numbers displayed on the small window. "His temperature is 39,0 degrees Celsius." He said looking up. Jin swallowed but was relieved it wasn't as high that Jungkook had to stay in the hospital. He watched as the doctor did a few more tests.

"It's really nothing more than a fever. Let him rest and sleep in his comfort zone, which is his home and his bed. Don't take him anywhere except small walks IF he WANTS to, don't force him but motivate him to do so when he feels a bit better. Keep an eye on him at all times. Also, i want you to take his temperature every ones in a while. If it keeps rising up, come to the hospital and ask for me, if Jungkook is in no state to be transferred, call me and I'll come to see what i can do." He instructed as he handed Namjoon a piece of paper with his personal information written down on it.

"Alright, thank you very much." Namjoon responded and bowed when he stood up. "No need to thank me, thank you for coming here. For all we know Jungkook could have some other illness, a worse one, and we wouldn't know about it if you hadn't come." The doctor told him. "I wish you a good day and lots of luck and support with Jungkook. Let me know when he's better." The doctor smiled and looked at Jungkook, who fell asleep while being rocked back and forth by Jin. Then he turned around, holding the door open for the boys as they left the building, towards their car and ready to go home.