Chapter 7: Cuddles at midnight

A/N:

Like i said in my last A/N, i will upload the two chapters i normally would've uploaded on my normal upload days, today. I feel a lot better than i did yesterday and the day before that, which I'm grateful for. Literally every move i made hurt my entire abdomen, don't ask why or how, it just decided it wasn't having it for that time and decided to annoy me with shots of pain and annoy me it did.

But anyways, let's not listen to me and my meaningless whining and instead go on with the story.

There will be a little TaeKook fluff in this chap for our lovely TaeKook fans out there, including me :).

Have a beautiful day or have some nice rest for the night and remember, you're a human being that deserves to shine like an angel. So take that halo and show everyone you're here and let them know who you are, don't let anyone tell you you're nothing and if they do, show them your inner warrior, they'll shut up soon enough. 💜SARANGHAE💜

When BTS arrived and stopped the van in front of the hospital, there where already doctors and nurses outside with a stretcher for Jungkook. Jungkook's own doctor was there as well, with concern and concentration clear on his face.

One of the doctors opened the van and the first to exit was Jin who held his arms securely wrapped around Jungkook while climbing out the van. He speed walked to the stretcher and laid Jungkook on it carefully. Then he and Jungkook's doctor both grabbed the side they were closest to, catching and reflecting the others expression before running to the entrance of the hospital.

They ran as fast as they could to the exact same room Jungkook was in not even twenty-four hours ago, seeing it was already prepared for their arrival, which pleased Jungkook's doctor greatly. He told Jin and the others, who had also arrived at the room, to wait outside for a moment.

When the seven of them were out of the room, Jungkook's doctor stripped him from his sweaty clothes and put some fresh, warm hospital pajamas on him. Then he laid the boy on the bed and folded up his sleeves, connecting him to a few hospital devices such as a heart monitor and also connected Jungkook to a breathing device, putting an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth to help him breathe properly. Jungkook's doctor wasn't sure if he needed it, but still connected Jungkook to it, just in case he might get trouble breathing.

He sighed deeply and called the boys in, who came in swiftly and sat on the chairs besides the hospital bed. They looked at their maknae with concern, seeing him connected to a bunch of devices with the help of needles and some wires attached to them, while also seeing white fog coming and disappearing from under the oxygen mask, making them even more worried.

"Try to relax a little, Jungkook's fine right now as his heart rate and breathing are regular and even. Furthermore, i gave him some painkillers for his headache and some light antibiotics." The doctor spoke looking at the boys who had turned to him. "I understand that you want to stay with him so I'll allow you to, but if he wakes up i need you to keep the noise down and not ask him a load of questions. His fever is high, higher than when he was 13 years old and therefore weaker and more sensitive to things like light and noise. These may even worsen his fever, that's why I'll dim the lights a little. This is also the reason i ask you to comfort him and be with him for the time being as he needs his hyungs the most right now, he considers you family so a lot of love and attention from his family will help him get better faster. If his fever does worsen you can call me or one of our night shift workers." He explained while he glanced over to the pale boy.

The others nodded and said some "Thank you."s while bowing towards him. The doctor bowed back. "I'll leave you alone with him now. Make sure there's always at least one person with him." He reminded them and left the room.

💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟

After the doctor left the room, everyone sighed looking at Jungkook pitifully. Even though they knew that the best thing to do was to go home and try to rest and come back the next morning, none of them wanted to leave two members of their own little family behind, so they nonverbally decided on staying together.

Taehyung was the first to stand up and hung his jacket on the cloak rack in the corner, then he picked up his chair and put it down on the other side of the hospital bed. He looked at Jungkook with a small, thoughtful  frown on his face. The others couldn't help but chuckle slightly at his behavior, adoring the moment and taking the pressuring tense off of them. "We should try to get some sleep, i don't want us to be cranky and sleepy when Jungkook wakes up and needs us." Namjoon suggested as he grabbed a few large bags he prepared and grabbed blankets out of them, handing them to his members. The fact that they didn't have any pajamas didn't bother them at all.

💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟~)*(~💟

They got ready for the night and went to sleep. Well, all of them except Taehyung. He was tired and really wanted to sleep like the others, but he felt restless, worried. He couldn't sleep because if he did, he was afraid something would happen to Jungkook. He might be part of the maknae line, but was still Jungkook's hyung and therefore had the right to worry, but he didn't think it would worry him to the point of not being able to fall asleep. He sighed and looked at the time. 1 pm. Taehyung groaned and sighed.

Whenever he couldn't sleep, he would always cuddle with Jungkook and listen to his heartbeat. And whenever Jungkook couldn't sleep, they did the exact same thing. He wished he could do that now, but put the thought away quickly. Letting Jungkook sleep peacefully like this was of more importance than his own needs. Still, he couldn't prevent himself from laying his head sideways on the others chest, hearing Jungkook's regular, calming heartbeat. Taehyung sighed in content as he was about to close his eyes, but was stopped when he felt movement from under him and heard a small, weak: "Hyung...?"

Taehyung froze in an instant and was about to shot up when the next words coming from the boy stunned him. "Hyung... aren't you able to sleep?"

Taehyung heard the caring words coming from the younger's lips and sat up, looking at him with a confused face. How could Jungkook be worried about him while he had all the rights to worry about himself? Taehyung smiled and decided to just be honest with him. "Yeah, i can't seem to fall asleep, for some reason or another." The elder explained. Taehyung could see Jungkook smiling, even though his mouth and nose was covered by the oxygen mask he wore. He could see it by his eyes, they were slightly closed like always when he smiled.

Jungkook groaned slightly when he sat up a bit and held up his hand, a sign for the worried Taehyung to stay seated as he was about to help the younger. "Although, I did sleep back then," Jungkook began. Taehyung listened closely. "I, somehow, I slept more restless then ever. Maybe because I'm not used to this... all." He explained with a slight smile. "Maybe," Taehyung smiled, a small plan forming in his head. "Do you want me to hold you?" Taehyung said out of the blue.

Jungkook looked at his hyung, confused and slightly surprised. He couldn't prevent a blush heating up his cheeks as he answered. "Y-Yeah, I'd like that, please." He stuttered and buried his red face in his hands. Taehyung smiled brightly now, of relieve and adoration as he first thought Jungkook was going to reject the offer, but then again, he knew Jungkook liked to be held, so why did he think he would say no? Taehyung stood up and helped Jungkook move a bit forwards, so Taehyung himself could sit behind the boy and hold him tightly. A little while later and they where both comfortably settled.

Taehyung leaned with his back against the cushion on the headboard, holding Jungkook sideways with the boy's head on his chest, right above his heart. One of Taehyung's arms was loosely wrapped around the younger's waist and the other hand held Jungkook's head in a secure way, rubbing his cheek softly with his thumb. The blanket was draped over both of them, but mostly over Jungkook. Taehyung didn't mind it though. Jungkook's body warmth flew through him and the soft, big cushion behind him kept him warm as well, so he was comfortable.

Jungkook seemed to be comfortable as well, as he had already fallen asleep by hearing the soothing rhythm of his beating heart. Taehyung pressed a gentle kiss on top of Jungkook head and sat back himself, letting sleep take over him.