home

"Thank you for having me, London; it's been a dream come true! Goodnight!" Harry shouts, as he takes his final bow, blows a thousand kisses and exits stage left.

I'm waiting with my arms wide open as he comes backstage, which he happily walks right into and squeezes me until I can't breathe. There are still tears on my cheeks, something he notices right away.

"Are those happy tears or my-ex-sucks-at-singing-and-I-don't-know-how-to-tell-him tears?" He asks with a sly smile tugging at his mouth.

"Both, I'm happy I can finally tell you that you suck to your face," I tease before holding up a finger. "Side note: 'ex'?"

Harry cringes, "Yeah, 'm sorry, I don't know what to refer to you as."

"What would you like to refer to me as?" I challenge, never breaking eye contact.

"The love of my life. My soulmate. My wife."

The last one catches me by surprise and I'm just about to ask him what he means when he drops down to one knee.

"No, no, no. Harry. What?! No. Are you serious?!" My mouth says 'no', but my heart says 'god yes, please' as he looks up at me, patiently waiting to get a word in.

"Annabel Faye Rizley," he starts, and my name has never sounded lovelier than it does rolling off of his tongue as he asks me for forever.

"You are the sun, you are my reason for existence, and I know this isn't the perfect proposal, it seems out of the blue, but I couldn't wait another second to ask you to let me hold your hand and wake up next to you for the rest of our lives."

His hand reaches into his Gucci jacket pocket and pulls out a tiny box, to which I hold up a finger, "Was that in there the whole show?"

He chuckles, "I was going to make some grand gesture during Sweet Creature, but I decided this moment needed to be only ours."

Tears cloud my vision and spill onto my cheeks, and I wipe at them furiously so I can see Harry more clearly.

He smiles so radiantly at me that it sends chills up my spine. His fingers delicately open the dusty-pink colored box, "Will you marry me?"

Harry's bottom lip quivers and a single tear cascades down his nose, but he tries to keep it together. I, on the other hand, am a blubbering mess. I pause to take in this moment before giving my answer: the only answer I could ever give this man who I love so fiercely it threatens to rip me apart at times. It's him, it always has been and it always will be.

I lower myself onto my knees so Harry and I are at eye level and cup his cheeks between my hands, "Absolutely, infinitely yes!" As soon as the words leave my mouth and fill the space between us, Harry kisses me passionately, hot tears streaming down both of our faces.

And that's how we start the rest of our happily ever after: kneeling down with our foreheads pressed together in a dark backstage corridor with an unsuspecting crowd still roaring just on the other side of the curtain. The world around us keeps moving and existing, but this moment is just for us, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The end.