Chapter 3

mills

Friday,the week had gone by really fast.

After I got ready I walked down the stairs for breakfast because it was still early.

Dad was already downstairs reading the newspaper and drinking coffee.

I grabbed a bowl and put the cereal and then the milk,I grabbed a spoon too and sat in front of my dad.

"Morning"He said still reading.

"Morning."I said tired and started eating breakfast.

"How's it going in school?"He asked and put down the news.

"It's okay."I smiled and he took another sip of his coffee.

"Good"He smiled back. "Is Maddie picking you up or do you need me to take you?"

"She'll be here in any moment."I said and he nodded again.

I didn't know why but I felt this awkward tension between us,maybe I was just tired.

We finished our breakfast in silence and I grabbed my things and my phone.

-

"Okay so I was thinking what should I wear for the party tonight,like I have so many different options."Maddie said as we walked together down the hall.

"I don't know if I wanna go,I have nothing to wear."I shrugged.

"Of course you're coming,you're coming to my house after school and I'm giving you an outfit."She smiled excited and I chuckled.

"You know everyone is going"She said and my heart skipped a beat when I saw Grace against her locker talking to Jacob who was inches apart from her.

"Oh my,Millie lets go,she's stupid,ignore it,he'll hurt her,you don't have to care."Maddie said trying to cheer me up.

I took a deep breath and nodded even though my broken heart just broke more.

The bell rang and we walked together to Geography.

-

At lunch Noah,Maddie and I sat together as always,I kinda missed Grace but that feeling vanished when I thought about her with that dumbass.

She perfectly knew what I had to go through when he cheated on me and now she was flirting with him and hanging out with him.
She's just such a-

"Hellooo!Earth to Millie."Noah smiled and I came back to reality.

"Uh sorry I'm really tired."I lied even though I actually was tired.

"Did you sleep last night?"Maddie asked worried.

"Yeah,I guess it's just not my day."I said and they both nodded and started to talk about how Mr.Heaton hated Mr.Keery.

I looked away and noticed the black curly haired boy was looking at me and he didn't hesitate to look away when I saw him.

Sadie had called him Wolfhard,probably his last name.

Wolfhard looked like he was looking for something in my face,did I have dirt or something?
He kept looking at me until I started feeling uncomfortable.