Chapter 1-Bitter Sweet Sixteen

Cody's POV
When I heard my alarm for 5:30 A.M,I shot out of bed with a giant grin on my face.
I walked out of my bedroom,pajamas and all,to see everyone else already making breakfast.
My jaw dropped in a failed attempt to get up first,hunching over in defeat with a sigh.
Today was my Sweet Sixteen,and everyone from the family came to celebrate.
"What's wrong,Cody?"Dani asked playfully with a small smile on her face.

"Nothing,"I sighed,and retreated back to my room still hunched over.
I came back out ready this time,and only Dani was still there.
"What the heck!I get out extra early today,and you're all here already,
and now I come back ten minutes later and everyone but you are all gone!"I ranted over to Dani,who didn't seem fazed.
"Well,guess you better eat breakfast then,"She suggested casually.

"What?No,I'll just be with the bots downstairs,"I replied,going over to the fire pole.
"Oh no,why don't you eat first?Breakfast is the most important meal of the day you know,"She said.
"Ya,maybe later,"I answered back with a wave of my hand.
"Come on,then it would be brunch,"She said with a smile,and lead me back to the table.
"Here,I'll make you breakfast,"Dani said forcefully pushed me down into a seat.

"Dani,I got this;I'm sixteen remember?"I joked,moving her away from the prep station.
I heard like she made a relieved sigh,and sat down in a seat.
"By the way,why is it just you who stayed?Shouldn't you be with the others?"I asked,confusion lacing my voice.
She hesitated,almost thinking about what she was going to answer,"Nah,just takin' a break today,"She laughed.
"Well,ok"I said frowning,knowing it probably wasn't the true answer.
Were they avoiding me?Did I do something wrong?Although Dani stayed behind,

it could be just to see if I didn't get in trouble.Did that mean they thought I was still a kid?
Not old enough yet?All these thoughts were racing through my mind as I slid the pancakes on two plates.
"Hey,I'll be right back don't go anywhere,"She joked as she kitchen into her room.
I wanted to follow her,but decided it better to check out downstairs.
I quickly went down the fire pole,to see the entire garage empty,no bot in sight.

I wondered at where they could be as I climbed back up,the elevator would make too much noise.
When I made it back,I sighed with a huff of exhaustion,putting my hands on my knees for support.
"Cody?"Dani asked out,seeming worried.
"Ya?"I huffed."Oh good,your here,"She said happily.
"Ok..."I trailed."Alright,once were down here,we're going to take Blades somewhere,"She explained.
I forgot about Blades,obviously he would've stayed behind if Dani was still here.
"Alright!"I said,stuffing a peice of pancake in my mouth.
She smiled,shaking her head.
-
"Alright alright already,don't get too excited,we're just doing a patrol here,"Dani joked at me.
"I don't care,it's still cool,"I said cheerily.She winked at Blades,and it almost seemed as is he gave her a wink back.
We got in Blade's alt,soon flying up and away from the Fire House.
When we were traveling in a weird direction,I wanted to ask why,but didn't say anything.

When we started descending at the place where the bots came from,I gave Dani the weirdest face.
"What?"Was all I could say before I was thrown out of my seat,landing on the ground with a thud.
"Ow..."I mumbled as I stared at Blades accusingly.He just gave me a smug look,along with Dani with the same face.
I got up,and turned to where they were facing,and my eyes got wide.

Everybody was here!All the bots were too!Hightide,Quickshadow,Blurr;everybody!
Of course,Optimus wasn't here because he..died,but it was cool for Bumblebee to still come!
"What are you guys all doing here?"I asked shocked.
"Don't tell me you forgot already,"Kade said with a grin.
"You're getting your partner of course!"Blades said happily,throwing his arms up in the air.
I think my eyes were going to fall out of my head if my eyes got any wider.

"Lucky for you,he arrived just days ago,"Dani said with a smirk.
"He?"I asked,and Dani facepalmled."Well,I didn't mean to tell you that,but--"
She was cut off by the sound of thudding footsteps,and everyone went quiet.
A bright yellow mech stepped out of the hanger we were next to,and stared at me.
"Sunstreaker,"He said blandly."Cody,"I said with a smile.

"I heard we were going to be,partners,"He said partners with a tune of disgust.
"Well,ya I guess so,"I shrugged.
He hummed in thought,raising an eye at me.
"Alright,meet you at the fire house Cody!"Dani said,and everyone transformed and left us two behind.
"So..."I trailed off."What?"He snapped.
"We're going to have to--oh wait,we need to get you an alt-mode first,"I said.

Well,it better be something as good as my paint job,"He huffed.
"Wait!They might have left something in one of these hangers,"I suggested,going inside while he followed slowly.
There waiting in the shade,was an old Lamborgini Countach,probably found it in the junkyard.
"What is this?You expect me to turn in to this?"He said unwillingly.
"Just try it,"I said,rolling my eyes.

He scoffed,scanning the car,before transforming and revving the engine.
"Wow,"I said wheat mung with excitement."I guess it's not,bad,"He said hesitantly.
"Are you kidding me!This is one of the best cars around!"I said with a grin.
"Ok then,get in..I guess,"He grumbled.I got in the drivers seat,admiring the interior.
"Don't touch anything,got it?"He growled lowly.

"Ok ok,"I said,putting my hands up in surrender.
When he moved out of the garage,I let out a heavy sigh.Who knew having a partner could be so hard.
'Is this what they all had to go through?'I asked myself,looking around outside.
When he stopped at a stoplight,I waited for him to go when it was green,but he didn't.

"Huh?"I asked."I don't know where your puny house is,so where is it?"He snarled out.
"Oh,take a right here,"I said awkwardly,obviously this bot wouldn't know where to go.
After a few more directions though,we made it...

"Finally,"We both said at the same time.
He opened his door,and I walked out,himself transforming moments after.
I started walking forward,and he stayed still.
"Hey,you coming?"I asked."I would rather stay here than inside there,"Sunstreaker accused,crossing his arms.
"Fine with me,"I shrugged,going inside.

"I think all the bots are in the back,if you want to join,"I called to him,but he wasn't paying attention.
"This is going to be another Kade and Heatwave scenario,isn't it..."I mumbled,getting on the elevator.
When I got up,everybody formed into a big hug.
"Hey big guy,how's your partner?"Kade asked,messing up my hair.
"It's fine,"I replied,fixing my hair back.
"Fine?Aren't you happy?"Graham joked.
"Peachy,"