Chapter 3-Stranded

Cody's POV
"We made it.."I breathed out..sighing in relief.
Sunstreaker mumbled something inaudible,and I chuckled.
"Okay,let's find the controls,"She said,rushing over to the ground bridge.
"How are we supposed to know exactly where they are?
Were not going to have a straight shot at anything..."I said over to her.

"Ya well,we can try right?"She shrugged with a smile.
I sighed,shaking my head.
Sunstreaker was leaning against a wall,brooding as ever.
"So how did Sideswipe do it?"She asked,still faced the other way as she fiddled with the controls.
"Well,he said that his groundbridge fritzed out,and I guess it mixed with ours and sent him here,"I replied.

She hummed in thought,processing the information.
"So how can we do that if we don't know theirs' would fritz out and go to their exact base?"I asked.
"Well,just adjusting the systems to scan for ground bridge activity around the world might help,"She smirked.

"But that could take hours,days even,"I said,letting out a defeated sigh.
"Then we'll wait,"Franky shot back,crossing her arms.
Sunstreaker scoffed,putting a pede up against the wall he was leaning on.
"Wait,there's a signal!"She said excitedly.
"Oh,now that's just pure luck,"I mumbled.

"Shows its somewhere in the mainland,around Crown City I believe,"She stated,staring at the console.
"Alright then,let's go!"I said,smiling at the thought of it.
"Ok,recalculating the coordinates..."She said out loud,concentrating.

"Ok,firing up the groundbridge!"She yelled,turning on the groundbridge.
The groundbridge swirled into a mixture of green and blue,and my eyes brightened.
"Ok Sunstreaker,"I looked back at him,and he stared me down.
"Would you mind?"I said,gesturing towards the groundbridge.
He huffed,but complied and transformed,opening his car doors.p

We both hopped in,and Sunstreaker revved his engine,closing back the doors.
"Ya!"Franky whooped,a huge grin on her face as Sunstreaker drove through the groundbridge.
Sunstreaker made it through easily,but dumped us both out when we reached the other side of the bridge.

"Ow..."I mumbled,staring at the ground.
Franky looked around, sitting on the ground as well.
"Guys,I don't think we're at Crown City..."She said lightly,a frown now taking up her face.

"Yep...I think it's pretty obvious.."Sunstreaker rolled his optics.
"That were the middle of a forest..."I finished,getting myself up,brushing off the dust from where I fell.
I grabbed Franky's hand,pulling her up quickly.

"Now what?"I asked,looking around at the non-ending lines of trees.
"I'd suggest that we go in a direction,"Sunstreaker huffed sarcastically.
"Well,ya"I deadpanned.

"You're taller,find out where the city is,"Franky said,staring up at the tall bot.
Sunstreaker growled,narrowing his optics at her.
"Fine,"He grumbled,still keeping his gaze.
He finally stopped,and looked up slowly.He tilted his head,moving his optics around back and forth.
He bent down on one knee,almost as if he were starting up for a track race.
Then he took off,running in a direction.

It looked like he was about to run straight into a tree,even though he was staring straight ahead.
"Watch o--"Before I could finish,he jumped up,literally running up he tree.
We both stood there in awe as he jumped from one tree to another,rustling leaves from the trees.
"Hey,wait up!"I called running after him,Franky following quickly behind.

He stopped,because somehow he heard me,or he just realized that we weren't there.
He jumped down onto a low branch of the tree,offering his servo down to us.

I sighed in exhaustion,climbing onto his servo.
Franky also climbed on,sitting on her knees as Sunstreaker climbed back to the top branch.
Launching himself off,I almost fell,landing on his wrist as he continued jumping from one tree to another.
Just like that he stopped,and I think that I got movement sickness...

"Would you like to,take a break maybe?"I said weakly,staring up at his unchanging face.
He nodded silently,sitting down on the branch.

I breathed out heavily,putting my hands behind my back,laying down on his servo.
Franky looked around the area once moreyet there was nothing to see but more trees surrounding us.I turned on my side,looking at what was beneath us.
It was scary at how high we were,and my eyes widened.
I quickly turned back,trying to relax.

Then I felt Sunstreaker become tense;so I sat up,scanning the area.
"Stay quiet,"He mumbled to us both,and we stood frozen
not wanting to move an inch in fear of making sound.
Then,I heard the faint thuds of footsteps..and they were slowly getting closer.
Sunstreaker pinpointed the noise,and he was staring at where the source was.

My eyes widened when I saw a bot running through the forest,searching for something.
I yelped however,when Sunstreaker jumped down from the tree,briefly setting us both on a branch first.
"Who are you,"He snarled,his optics slightly widening when he saw it was a female.
"Wait,I'm an Autobot,"She said quickly,pointing to her insignia.
"You still didn't answer my question,"He said again,raising an optic ridge slightly.

"I'm Kickshift,an Autobot,"She said cautiously.
"Sunstreaker,"He mumbled.
"What are you doing out here...alone?"He asked suspiciously.
"I could ask you the same thing,"She said.
"But to answer you're question,I came here...how do I explain this?
From another dimension..."Kickshift explained.
"What..?" I trailed,looking at her with a blank face.

"I come from a place,where Autobots and Decepticons alike are being hunted down,
like animals,"She growled.
"It's a time we call,The Age Of Extinction," She said,looking down.
"I had made a groundbridge inside of an empty hanger,
using it as my base as well,"She stated.

"I had tinkered with it,making it much more powerful than even a spacebridge,
hoping it would be the perfect escape.
Until,one night,they had found me.I knew they had hunted down most of my comrades,and that I'd probably be next.
So,I took a chance,and started the groundbridge up,running into it.
But before it teleported me,Cemetery Winds had broken it,
and it malfunctioned me to here.. in this dimension,"
When she finished,she gave a chuckle."Guess that's my story,"She smiled sadly.

Sunstreaker just stood there,rigid as a statue.
"You can come with us,"He said blankly,turning the opposite way.
"Oh,well--I don't know..."She trailed.

"You have anything better to do?At least we know where we're going,"
He snapped lightly.
"Do we though?"I questioned in a whisper to Franky.
"That's true..fine,I'll come with you then,"She said,offering a kind smile.

"But,what do you mean by we?"She asked confused.
Sunstreaker made way for us,
showing a servo to the branch me and Franky were both sitting on.
"Humans?"She asked.
"Yes,the squishy beings,"Sunstreaker said with disgust.

Sunstreaker whisked the two of us back up,clutching us in a loose hold.
"Here,hold a squishy,would you?"Sunstreaker said,handing over Franky to Kickshift.
"Squishy?O-ok?"She said,grasping Franky into her servo,
but then opening it slowly for her.
Unlucky me,Sunstreaker kept me uprights not his hold.

I sighed,looking down to where my arms were over his fingers,
and my legs dangling where Sunstreaker wasn't grasping me in this choking hold.
"Could you-- not keep me-in this--hold.."I choked out,glaring at him.
He rolled his optics,and turned his servo,letting me go.

I took several deep breaths,trying to get the air back into my lungs.
When black dots weren't swarming my vision,I saw the faint outline of..a scrapyard.
"Is that a..scrapyard?"