Chapter 2-Keeping Secrets

Sunstreaker's POV
'Hmph,think he can boss me around?Ill do what I want,"I growled in thought.
"Sector 7?Search and Rescue team,huh? Im an Autobot,and I don't work with a human,"I snarled at the air.
'Even if the war of Decepticons are over,I'm not being a Rescue Bot for nothing,'I thought angrily.
"Hey,Sunstreaker right?"A voice said, walking from behind the building called the Fire House.

"Ya,"I mumbled,staring back at the Rescue bot known as Heatwave.
"I was wondering if you would want to join the other bots,I don't think you've met us all yet,"Heatwave said.
"I'm fine on my own,"I seethed,crossing my arms.
"Look,if you're going to be one of us--" "I am definitely not going to rescue humans for their own mistakes,"I huffed.
"But your Cody's partner,"Heatwave said shocked.
"Partners don't mean anything,only true bonds,"I said with narrowed optics.

"Trust me;you don't know me,and you won't know me;before I'm gone,"I snarled.
"Gone?You just got here,"Heatwave said confused.
"You might as well get replacements for your buddy;Cody,because I'm not staying long,"I said.
Before he could reply,I transformed and did a burnout,skidding out of the driveway and into the street with a smug look.
He had a death glare locked onto me,myself not fazed by it as I do the same to many bots myself.
-
After driving for awhile;I stopped at park,transforming swiftly.

I looked around,seeing no one was affected by myself as an 'alien robot'.
I raised an optic ridge,staring at one of them.I huffed,walking past it and into the park.
The park seemed peaceful,but still crowded with squishies.
I continued on,transforming to find a better spot around this Primus forsaken island

Finally seeing an empty spot by the beach,I walked forward from the grassy ground and onto the sand.
After the first step,my pede sunk into sand,letting the tiny grains filter into my pede.
I gave a horrified look,taking my pede out,thin lines of sand flowing out from it.
I was deciding if I would go further,risk scratching my paint job,or just go ahead and do it.

"Oh frag it,who cares..."I said aloud,rolling my optics as I walked to the flowing tide of the ocean.
I stared at it;watching its every move,just like an enemy.Just a more;relaxing kind of thing you could say.
I didn't want to go back to the Fire House,risk talking to Heatwave again,or that human named Cody.
Perhaps though,the boy wasn't too horrible.
He was nice for a human.Hmph,he'd better be if he's supposed to be my partner.
Transforming back to my alt-mode,I drove back to the Fire House,maybe taking a detour...
or two...

Cody's POV
I traveled back to my room,face planting into my bed.I sighed,turning onto my back.
"Why do I get the one partner who's the bot reincarnation of Kade,"I mumbled,staring at the ceiling.
I jumped up in shock however,when my phone rang and turned on.
I sighed in relief,getting up and walking to my phone.I swiped the answer button and turned it on speaker.
"Hello?"I said clearly,a hint of confusion in my voice.

"Ya,its me Franky,Cody,"She laughed.
"Oh,hi Franky,"I said with a smile plastered on my face.
"I need you to come over to the lab,would you?"She asked.
"Ya..sure,don't have anything else to do,"I sighed,looking down slightly.
"Ok?Well come over then,see ya there,"She said,and hung up.
I rolled my eyes and walked out,stuffing my phone in my jacket pocket.
Climbing down the fire pole,I saw Heatwave with a very-- extremely mad face.

"I walked up to him confused waving a hand to where he could see me.
"Hey,Heatwave?You okay?"I asked,raising an eyebrow at him.
"Your partner just left out,you need a ride?"Heatwave spit out partner like it was venom,
and I wondered what happened between the two of them...
"Ya,if you wouldn't mind,"I shrugged at him,and he nodded.

He transformed and opened the passenger door for me.
"I can sit in the drivers seat you know,"I deadpanned."Nah it's fine,"He said casually,and I rolled my eyes.
"Fine,"I said finally,climbing into the passenger seat.
He started his engine,and drove away from the Fire House.
"Where to?"He asked."The lab,Franky needs me for something,"I replied smoothly.
"Alright,"He said,turning towards the lab.

When we made it to the lab,Franky was standing outside waiting for us.
"Hey,where's your new partner?"She said,somewhat disappointed.
Heatwave narrowed his eyes at her,but not directed towards her,more like what she said.
My partner?Why was he getting so upset over my partner?Even myself wasn't that aggravated about it.

"Hey,I'll Comm you back when Im ready to go,"I said to him.He gave a frown,but nodded slowly.
He transformed back to his Alt-mode,driving back down from the lab.
"Hey Franky,"I greeted over to her,and she gave a wave in return.
"Hey Cody,come inside,I need to tell you something,"
She said happily as she went back inside,gesturing me to follow her.
I sprinted to the door,Franky leaving it open for me.

"So,what did you need me for?"I asked with a slight tilt of my head.
"I needed you to help me with something,"She said in an almost whisper.
"With what?"I questioned."We need to go to the ground bridge,"She said seriously.
Why?"I asked,extremely confused.

"You know when Sideswipe came and visited us,and he said he got here from the ground bridge?"She said.
"Well,ya..."I trailed,raising an eye at her in suspicion.
"I was wondering if we could try tinkering with it and going into the ground bridge ourselves,"She said with a smile.
"WHAT?Are you crazy?"I said with my jaw dropped.

"Cody listen to me,wouldn't it be amazing if we could travel to their place?"She said,glancing out from the island.
"Where Bumblebee's team is?"She continued on,putting her hands on my shoulders.
"Do you not know how cool that would be!"She said brightly.
"Well,ya.."I trailed,looking down in doubt.
"A day;that's all I need,"She pleaded.I looked at her with a straight face,raising an eyebrow.

"Alright fine,we'll go to the groundbridge,"I grumbled,rolling my eyes.
"It'll be great,I promise,"She said.
"But how would we get there now?It's going to be a long walk..."I said.
"I'll get you there,as long as I come along,"A voice said through the trees.
A bot stepped out,a bot named Sunstreaker.

"You...you actually want to come?"I deadpanned.
"Didn't I just say that?"He snapped,walking up to me and Franky.
"Ok ok,fine"I said,putting my hands up,and he settled down some.
He transformed swiftly,opening the doors for me and Franky.
"Woah!Your partner is a Lamborgini?"She said in awe,climbing into the passenger seat.

"Ya,guess you could say it's a decent representation of his personality,"I said casually.
Sunstreaker stayed silent,although you could tell he was itching to snap back with an insult.
It was honestly amazing how I could tell...
"Ok,to the groundbridge!"Franky yipped,doing a fist pump.
"Don't touch anything,"Suntreaker snarled.
I facepalmled..this was going to be a long ride...

Hello my lovely readers!
I hoped you enjoyed this Chapter,
Cya later,

-Hot Choco