Jack

The image of the woman was burned into his brain. She had appeared out of thin air, the same time as the guards had. Her red hair fell to her waist, lightening to a fiery orange towards the end. A dress of fire hugged her body and fell to the floor. Her red eyes stared hungrily at Elsa.

"Who are you?" Jack growled

The woman looked at Jack as if just noticing him. "Well," she laughed, "Interesting finding you here." She smiled, revealing her sharp teeth.

Jack didn't answer, but pointed his staff at her.

"Very well." She sighed, "If you really need a refresher, my name is Keres." She waved her hand and fire flickered around her fingers "Daughter of the Sun, Guardian of Hate. Any of that sound familiar?"

Jack could hear Elsa shoot me crazy at the men, but he couldn't afford to look away from Keres.

"I suppose not." Keres hummed, "Oh well, it was over 1000 year ago."

She turned her gaze back to Elsa. The longer she looked at the Queen, the more angry Elsa seemed to become.

"Leave her alone!" Jack yelled at Keres. Frost shot out of the end of his staff and flew towards Keres. She waved her hand and the frost disappeared in the flames.

Jack lept up and flew above Elsa, beside the chandelier.

Keres and Jack stared at each other. His blue eyes glaring at her red. They held each other's gaze until one of the men said something Jack didn't hear to Elsa.

"Drat." Keres swore, "She's calming down." The fiery woman looked back up at him, "This was fun Nightlight, but I gotta go." The flames of her dress grew and surrounded her, then disappeared, along with the woman.

Jack didn't have time to consider he odd name she gave him before a man below shot his crossbow. The arrow soared through the air, hitting the icy chain holding the chandelier up. After it sliced through the chain, it flew through Jack's chest. The wooden arrows it's self passed through harmlessly, but it triggered something.

Pain erupted in his chest. He couldn't breath, and he felt himself fall to the ground, among the shards of ice left from the chandelier. Clutching his chest he looked up. A man with Red hair was picking up Elsa, her eyes just barely open, looking at him. He reached out for her, wishing he was able to control ice and snow with out a staff. He'd be able to make the man put her down.

But the man didn't put him down, he carried her out of the room and presumably out of the castle.

The pains in his chest did subside for some time. This time no one can to his aid. No Tooth Fairy or Queen to help him.

Still though, that didn't stop him from begging for help. Over and over, "Help me!" He would scream, "Anyone! Please!" But no one came. 

When the pain finally subsided, his chest was very cold. The coldness had traveled up his neck, and the other side of his chest.

Even after the pain left, he couldn't muster up enough energy to sit up. Yet alone fly to Arendale.

When he finally could sit up, he looked over to the balcony. The sky had darkened, and the moon had risen. The moon was staring at him through the open doors.

"What's wrong with me?" He asked weakly. His voice hoarse from screaming, "Please. Answer me!"

He stared at the Moon for several heart beats before looking away. That's when he heard it. Like a whisper in the wind.

"It's my fault."

Jacks head shot back so quickly he almost got whiplash, "What?" He whispered

The Moon spoke once more.

"There's nothing wrong with you. This is my fault." The Moon sounded almost sad as he explained this.

"How is that possible?" Jack asked, crawling forward ever so slightly.

"When I chose you, your heart was ice. I had to thaw out your heart in order to allow you to come alive. Unfortunately only one thing can truly thaw a frozen heart, and I am not the thing."

"So my heart is freezing back to how it was?" Jack asked, feeling the ice that had crept up his neck.

"I'm afraid so, yes."

"What can I do?" Jack asked, the ice around his chest feeling like it was constricting his breathing.

"There's only one thing that can stop a frozen heart. An act of true love."

An act of true love... This immediately brought a certain Queen to his mind.

"Elsa." Jack whispered, a surge of energy filled his body, "She's in trouble." he thought aloud.

Jack lept up to his feet, grabbing his staff. He jumped out of the open doors, the wind catching him around his middle. He raced towards the kingdom, his cloak flapping around his feet. His silver hair pushing back on his scalp.

As he landed, the town was quiet. Every building was covered in snow, every window frosted over. The bricks on the ground had snow embedded in their cracks. 

He walked towards the castle, where he assumed she would be hidden. He was forced to fly over the giant wall surrounding the castle, as the gates were locked shut. He tried to get in the castle, however every door and window was locked shut and frozen over.

"You really did a number in this place Els." Jack muttered flying around the castle for the fifth time.

That was when he noticed it. A small window at the bottom. He flew down and looked inside. It was a dark room, not even a torch hung in the walls. The stone walls didn't have ice on them, but two long chains hung from one of the sides. His eyes followed the chains to a small metal bed that hung out of one of the walls.

In the bed, with a thin blanket sling over her, laid Elsa. Eyes shut, undoubtedly still unconscious.

"Elsa!" Jack screamed hitting the glass, "Elsa Please! Wake up!"

He hit the window until his hands ached, but still she never woke up.

He stood at the window, feeling helpless, when he felt it. For the third time that day his heart had seemed to stop beating.

"No." He whispered, collapsing to the icy ground, "It's to soon."

He managed to turn onto his back, so that he was able to see the moon staring down on him.

"If there's anything you can do," Jack chokes out, tears brimming his eyes, "please do it now!"

But the Moon stayed silent, it wouldn't talk to him for another 200 years.

Jack was left alone, laying on the frozen fjord, his heart killing itself. The only woman that could help him, mere feet away, without the slightest idea.